• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride on silber d7 turbo

R
Dec 10, 2007
On Sunday I had my first ride on my silber turboed D7! I just have to say that I am very impressed! I could ask for nothing more.Would like to say thanks to Justin for the turbo build and thanks to Power Toys in Riverton WY for the install. It is by far the cleanest turbo install that I have seen. When the hood is up it looks as if the turbo is factory installed. The mechanics told me that everything went as Justin said it would. The only thing we had to do is a little clutching and the sled ran just as I wanted it to. It ran flawlessly all day. When you were on the throttle it boosted imediately there was no lag. When you let off and got back into it, it boosted imediately. Another thing about the turbo that impressed me is that between myself and the Power Toys mechanics we run the sled hard all day and there was no heat lag in the turbo it just kept on boosting all day. Thanks Justin for the awsome build it is the funnest sled that I have owned. Thanks Lance and Tyler for riding with me Sunday to make sure the sled ran just as I wanted it to.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I have heard nothing but good things about him and his company, and my experience with Justin was outstanding as well!!! He answered ALL my questions without hesitation. Big thumbs up here....glad your setup is making you smile :)

R
Dec 10, 2007
We rode at Towg. 9 to 11,000 ft. We mixed 2 gallons of race gas for first ride. We ran it at 7lbs. of boost, at that elevation I should be able to run pump gas only. You could call Justin or Lance @ Power Toys.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
thanks for the post. I'm thinking about boosting my 7, so its great to hear how they are working out.

R
Dec 10, 2007
With the tunnel dump that Justin uses it is quiet. Once you get in the snow mine is no louder than it was last year with a skinz can on it

J
Oct 20, 2009
British Columbia
just finished installing silber kit on my 700 with the tunnel dump set up, sounds just a little quieter than my sled last year with the mbrp can on it, and as for justin he is great to work with I have called him a couple of times during install and he is more than willing to take the time to help you, no matter what time of day it is. Taking the sled out for first time tommorrow

R
Dec 10, 2007
I believe that I have 60's in the primary clutch and the secondary has a straight 48 helix, can't remember the spring color. I am only running 6 to 7 lbs of boost. waiting for the snow to get better.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I believe that I have 60's in the primary clutch and the secondary has a straight 48 helix, can't remember the spring color. I am only running 6 to 7 lbs of boost. waiting for the snow to get better.

we've been running 62-64's on piped 800's. from the reading ive done sounds like 70-74 for a pgt.

60's seem super light

R
Dec 10, 2007
You are probably rite on the 70 -74's. The snow on toeg isn't that good rite now. I have alot of dialing in to do before I get it running at it's optimum performance. Any idea's that you have would be greatly appreciated.

J
Oct 20, 2009
British Columbia
hey rmkid937 i tried 10-74s in mine and couldn't get the revs out of it, changed to 10-70s like justin recomended and i have yet to try it out but i'm sur it will fix my problem

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Is that the same D8 that they locked the turbo up on a
couple weeks ago? Also how did it run with the Impulse Tnytro?

R
Dec 10, 2007
Also rode with the D8 T on Sunday. It does kick butt!!! Not sure if it will run with the nytro for sure. Be very intresting to find out when he gets it dialed in though. It was the same sled that the oil pump burned out 2 wks ago.

Premium Features