• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

155-162?

charlie99

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SL
I have an 08 TD700 Going to a 162 this year, just wondering best way to go. thinking of definetley getting new rails that r straight, to help control transfer also are there any skid mods that can be done to the stock skid to help transfer, or can a m series float skid work?

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
I'm not sure if the M skid would work? I put a 162 power claw under an '09 TD8 and it worked great! Avid 3.0 drivers, trim the rails to fit and enjoy. Sled worked wonderfully and much better in deep snow when compared to another TD8.

good luck.

Vertical Asshauler

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Kelowna, BC
The cheapest and easiest way to get the job done would be to straighten the stock rails and add a 4" SLP rail extension. The stock skids will work well once modded a bit.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Van Am tunnel extension, Ice Age or Fastrax straight rails, and Z-broz rear shocks from Fastrax w/Curts set up. Also he can give you the rear skid set up.

This will solve your too much transfer needs. Have a clean look and be pretty simple to install.

Vertical Asshauler

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Kelowna, BC
How would a guy go about straightening the rails?

I dissasemble the skid and remove the hyfax, so I only have the two rails in hand. Then take them to the press and carefully bend them straight. Its a pretty simple process, just make sure everything goes back where it came from.

Premium Features