• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch heat

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Finally got the full TRS setup installed. Suspension, thermo mod, clutching. For most part all performed well. Clutch is very grippy.

Low throttle putzing around tight trees. Inside sheave of primary got quite hot, accompanied by a faint smell of belt and I could "feel" the belt kinda dragging almost. No squeal or anything, just kinda felt it 6th sense style. Other sheaves nice and cool.

Would taking a washer out from behind the secondary clutch likely help?

All in all my fav setup so far!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Finally got the full TRS setup installed. Suspension, thermo mod, clutching. For most part all performed well. Clutch is very grippy.

Low throttle putzing around tight trees. Inside sheave of primary got quite hot, accompanied by a faint smell of belt and I could "feel" the belt kinda dragging almost. No squeal or anything, just kinda felt it 6th sense style. Other sheaves nice and cool.

Would taking a washer out from behind the secondary clutch likely help?

All in all my fav setup so far!

Just wondering if you lightened them with the green wheel or if you drilled all the holes the same size to get to weight?
Are you running the test setup?

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
The 58.6 gram weights I'm running now only have the factory drilled holes. I have not made them any bigger, got them overnight air the night b4 we took off.

I don't have a mill so my only option is drilling, at least for my other sets.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Just wondering if you lightened them with the green wheel or if you drilled all the holes the same size to get to weight?
Are you running the test setup?
Not sure what the test setup is. I'm running the one that's been posted for a few years.

TKI 2.42 gears
Green white EV springs
120-310 primary spring (sheaves cut)
58.6 gram lightning weights
Belt/sheave at .030"
46-32f er helix
120-200 secondary spring

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Bump

I took one washer out from behind my secondary clutch and rode like a raped ape today! Was too busy having fun to crack the sidepanel to feel the clutches. I will tmrw though, should have some solid minute plus climbs available.

Premium Features