• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to bypass the tors/tss on a 2013 pro?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I just remove the sensor from the throttle block, Duct tape the button down, then install a zip tie over the button and then coil it up and stuff it inside the baggy under the hood. I installed a IQR throttle block on my sled and they don't have a TSS slot, but uses the same throttle lever. Super stout too.

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
I just remove the sensor from the throttle block, Duct tape the button down, then install a zip tie over the button and then coil it up and stuff it inside the baggy under the hood. I installed a IQR throttle block on my sled and they don't have a TSS slot, but uses the same throttle lever. Super stout too.

Also run the cat plastic flipper from the race sled. Very strong and cheap, I keep a spare in my riding pack.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com

What he said. Just tape the switch down and it is bypassed then stuff it wherever you want. I hate those stupid switches. Almost spent the night last year because it wouldnt let the sled run the same day the throttle stuck wide open multiple times and the switch didn't even do anything for the sled. Absolutely worthless

C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
I don't usually post but I have to jump in here. Has anyone actually tried on the '13 cause as far as I know '12 was the last year that u could tape down the TSS and stuff it away. I'm almost certain the '13 will not allow this. Please someone tell me I'm wrong cause I'd love to put a billet block on my 13 but didn't think it was possible

kcpete

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
Just to be sure, you have it out and ride it that way?

Yes I have the TSS out of the throttle block and ride it. It is in the bag under the hood now. I used my stock thumb throttle lever but had to drill out the holes for the bolts on the new block. The Powermadd block is set up for the Cat F7 thumb throttle lever. I carry a spare because after drilling, the plastic is a little thin. I ended up changing out the stock block because set screw was stripped when i bought it and it would come apart while riding. It would make the the throttle stick open. I think RSI has a block now that keeps the TSS. That wasn't an option at the time I switched mine.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I don't usually post but I have to jump in here. Has anyone actually tried on the '13 cause as far as I know '12 was the last year that u could tape down the TSS and stuff it away. I'm almost certain the '13 will not allow this. Please someone tell me I'm wrong cause I'd love to put a billet block on my 13 but didn't think it was possible

Yes, I have done this to my 13 along with my 12... You are good to go!

B
Nov 2, 2009
- Resistor fix

Went on line to to an electrical connector supplier bought the matching connector to mate with the TSS switch - took the TSS switch out, put an ohmmeter on it - I can't remember the value at the moment - but measured the resistance..... Went to electronic shop and bought 1/4 watt resistor, made a wire loop with the resistor in the middle - utilizing the new plug - heat shrink and seal the unit - plugged it in and away to the races...

sumitro I b2dp - I do believe this is the connector that is used - and I do believe that 6.7ohms is the value - so 7.5 will work fine - if you cant find 7.5 put 2 15's in a series......

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Everybody still having good luck, or any problems from using the resistor set-up??

Im going to make one, and at least carry it with me for now. Had a cutting out problem and if it returns ill plug in the resistor to see if it clears it up. Then leave it in if it fixes it!

Premium Features