• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Ski-Doo Update Press Release

DOOFREAK

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Well that makes me feel like my '08 is a pile of junk. I was really happy with it until I read that. Those of you getting '09's are going to be really really happy! Oh well I guess I should of waited a year. I wonder how much BRP will soak a guy for those clutching updates?

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
That' great. Here's my interpretation of that. "Buy an new '09 sled now. We fixed everything and your '08 is worthless."

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
If it's all true, the guys getting the 09's should be tickled pink. I wonder if they will update the 08's at all.

FUZZY7004

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
NORTHWEST IOWA
Bulletins

I know im a rookie at this snowest thing. This is my first ski-doo summit 146x i absolutley loved the sled best ive ridden, My hand warmers went, driveshaft, blew belts but it was still the most fun. Im glad brp fixed the promblems at least they addressed them. All the warranty work on my always got done fast and i was happy. Everyone that bought one new they would be a ginny pig buying a brand new model. It would be awsome if they could change the 08s but im not gonna ***** 2 much. Great Sled

fuzzy out

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Ski-Doo is the worst company ever ! Never again !

....yah, we know, from your other 267 post saying roughly the same thing. Go enjoy another brand. I am here to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed my 154x. Was it flawless? No. Did I expect it to be, being a first year sled? No. Did I feel like I was screwed over? No.

.....So please, Summitboy, if you do not have anything constructive to add, don't post.

Ace

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
The only thing I haven't addressed on that list is the bushings & rollers. Hopefully Doo wiil pay for those in the fall. If not I'll cough up the $50 or so to get the new ones in. They paid for everything else on there. Anybody know the deal with the chaincase bolts blowing out? Is there a fix for it on the 08's?

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
The only thing I haven't addressed on that list is the bushings & rollers. QUOTE]

Says: TRA sliding bushing and roller
New bushing and roller materials significantly increase the life of those parts

I don't understand the rational behind a 43/47 helix.....maybe a typo as I think a 43/37 would be more applicable to a mountain sled. Seems to me Slim has great success with a 44/33.....

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The only thing I haven't addressed on that list is the bushings & rollers. Hopefully Doo wiil pay for those in the fall. If not I'll cough up the $50 or so to get the new ones in. They paid for everything else on there. Anybody know the deal with the chaincase bolts blowing out? Is there a fix for it on the 08's?

I found one bolt striped after the dealer change the gearing. I simply screwed in an imperial bolt, I think it was 1/4" NC? Anyway it made it's own threads quit easily into the magnesium.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Hope it's true this time. Anyone remember the post on DooTalk last spring regarding the issues with the proto's..."For the most part we anticipated these problems and they will be fixed for 2008".
This is 2 years in a row-good sled with way too many issues & note there is no discussion about fixes to the 08's. Wonder what will happen to those 07's blowing engines next year?

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
....yah, we know, from your other 267 post saying roughly the same thing. Go enjoy another brand. I am here to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed my 154x. Was it flawless? No. Did I expect it to be, being a first year sled? No. Did I feel like I was screwed over? No.

.....So please, Summitboy, if you do not have anything constructive to add, don't post.

Ace

oh so true.

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
Hope it's true this time. Anyone remember the post on DooTalk last spring regarding the issues with the proto's..."For the most part we anticipated these problems and they will be fixed for 2008".
This is 2 years in a row-good sled with way too many issues & note there is no discussion about fixes to the 08's. Wonder what will happen to those 07's blowing engines next year?

I feel like the biggest issues they had last year were the cranks going out, which they addressed, and the clutching, which was allot better this year than last year. Still not right, but better than it was. The good news is there admitting they had problems, and there taking care of them. I had all the issues fixed on there dime this year. The only thing I didn't see in there, was the guage fixture. I've had problems with that thing resetting all year on me.

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
I feel like the biggest issues they had last year were the cranks going out, which they addressed, and the clutching, which was allot better this year than last year. Still not right, but better than it was. The good news is there admitting they had problems, and there taking care of them. I had all the issues fixed on there dime this year. The only thing I didn't see in there, was the guage fixture. I've had problems with that thing resetting all year on me.

they replaced my gauges for free!!! just b*tch a bit.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Chubbydog,

There will be an update for sure on the gauge software. They had a lot of issues with that instrument all winter. The engineers have said they will issue the update and all will be fixed. I have been told, things like the fuel indicator, temp indicator, resetting of the gauge have all been addressed.

Its just to bad you have to run around in circles between your dealer and BRP to get anything done.

Premium Features