• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Exhaust design Polaris Assault\ 900 Cat engine Project Sled

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I'm going to be putting a 900 carb'd Arctic Cat engine in my 2009 Polaris Assault chassis. With the 800 Polaris SLP single, I can lengthen the belly of the expansion chamber 4" with only a couple cuts and welds and that gets me a lot closer to the Cat single for that 900 engine. I can also turn the can and get up to 8' of narrow pipe run out to in to the can. Or I'm looking at a Jaws blanks and a lot more work. I okay leaving a few horsepower on the table and not considering twins, but at the same time still want this thing to run good with the single. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

xtrememotorworks

Powersports Performance!
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Wa
www.xmrinc.com
I agree with curt, find a 900 pipe and fit it to the chassis. Also be careful when cutting the pipe to remember every cut takes out some length and needs to be spaced when welded. make 20 cuts on a pipe and it could be a 1/2 shorter changing the tune a lot.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I do believe that they took stock pipes at the factory and shortened them for more mid and top end power. Where they made the cuts in the 900 pipe I want to say in the large dia straight section? How much? Otherwise you would be better off with a stocker, used CPI or SLP etc...

Mike

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Agreed. Going with an SLP single\can for the 900 Cat and going to sell the Poo 800 pipe. No since cutting up the 800 pipe when I can swap them out even money. Thanks.

Premium Features