• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boots

C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I know this has been covered a ton, but I searched and couldn't believe I got nothing.

I know Klim is good for most things, except for boots and gloves so there are out. But what is good? It seems to be a bit of good and bad from most, but mostly importantly I need around a size 15 or 16, and think that some run small, and maybe not a big enough size?

Money is a bit of an issue, but if the boots are good enough, not worried about the cost.

What should I look at? I am tired of my cheapo walmart boots that are big and clumzy, and get wet :mad:

B
Nov 27, 2007
Kfalls, Or
I bought Klim boots last year, my feet were warm and dry the whole season. I have tried other boots, but the Klims are by far the best boot I have used. I'm VERY happy with my purchase. And from the looks of 'em after riding last season, I will be using them for some time to come. JMHO...

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I agree with BCDan, my Klim boots are great, still keep my feet dry and warm after two years of abuse. Only issue is that the soles are starting to get chewed up from me kicking the crap out of my running boards, but any boot would be doing that.

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
i have had great luck with KLIM adrenaline boots. they are very breathable and warm, lightweight and VERY waterproof. well worth the money.
just my .02 worth.

jayson

C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Which ones are all you guys wearing? The Adrenaline seem a lot more attractive price wise. As long as they will last a while, and not get wet. Would the Klim's stay dry if you dipped them in say 8" of water?

Not sure if I could get away with only a 14 though, can't believe they don't make a bigger size :mad:

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
Which ones are all you guys wearing? The Adrenaline seem a lot more attractive price wise. As long as they will last a while, and not get wet. Would the Klim's stay dry if you dipped them in say 8" of water?

Not sure if I could get away with only a 14 though, can't believe they don't make a bigger size :mad:

i had to stand in some water earlier this season and my feet stayed completly dry. i think it was about 8 inches or so deep. i was very suprised but man i sure do like to have nice dry feet after your buddy flips over into a creek and have to help him out!
the only thing i would have to say watch out for is while pullin on a ski for some one, be carful of the skags, they will tear the rubber stuff on the toes! still seem to be completly waterproof though!

jayson

C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
i had to stand in some water earlier this season and my feet stayed completly dry. i think it was about 8 inches or so deep. i was very suprised but man i sure do like to have nice dry feet after your buddy flips over into a creek and have to help him out!
the only thing i would have to say watch out for is while pullin on a ski for some one, be carful of the skags, they will tear the rubber stuff on the toes! still seem to be completly waterproof though!

jayson

That's good to hear. I stepped in maybe 4" of water last year and my foot was completely soaked for the rest of the day, which isn't exactly fun, and no matter what the soals were always soaked, only my socks saved me. My biggest concern was how waterproof and how well they stand up. Guess I just need to find out if a 14 will fit. Most of my shoes are 15, not often I can fit into a 14 :(

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
I had a pair of Klims that fell apart in half a season. I replaced them with a $50 pair of airwalk snowboard boots from sportmart. Just as warm and dry, lighter, more comfortable, and cheap. They lasted alot longer than my Klims too. If you dont like them, you're only out 50 bucks. Im still pissed at Klim over that deal. Spend 1500 bones on new gear and this is how they stand behind their stuff. I like the rest of the stuff, but I wont be buying any more Klim gear because of it.

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
Klim

i have a pair of Klim Adrenaline boots, they keep me nice and warm and dry. The only draw back is the fact that they soles aren't very strong, i think i might have to get another pair after this coming season. The polaris running boards seem to eat them up pretty well, nut if i can get two seasons out of them being dry and warm i think they are worth it. Just my opinion.
Brad

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I have a pair of the HMK Pro boas.. The things I like about them are there are no laces.. just twist some knobs to tighten them and be done with it.. Very warm and completely waterproof.. I stood in water over the toe of the boot for a very long time and the feet stayed completely dry.. They are expensive, but worth the money in my opinion.. my complaints about them are they do run really small.. I wear a size 9 shoe and the size 10 boot is pretty tight.. The other complaint is the bottoms are kinda soft and can get tore up by your boards pretty easy..

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
I have had by Klim Adrenaline boots for two years and never had a problem. We ride in -25 here in ND and I have never had my feet cold or wet... Klim all the way!

Cowgirl151

Premium Member
Jul 21, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
I love my Klim's! The are very warm, waterproof, and cozy. Not too bulky that my foot gets stuck like some of the big snowboard type boots. My Dragon does seem to chew up the soles a bit. But they chewed up my HMK's I had before too. So I don't think thats a brand fault.

Premium Features