• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 Motor mounts needed

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Ok I finally figured out why my clutching was off or inconsistent. Bad pto mount. Should I go oem or aftermarket? Who would you recommend? I plan on doing both sides as well if I have it apart enough to do one side. Cat just sells the entire plate no individual mounts.

Thanks

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
From what I understand the 40 or 45 duro were the stock stiffness in earlier years and the 50 duro is the 2011+ mount. 60 was used in the snopro race sleds but will crack things real quick. Lots of guys have cracked with the snowpro mounts.

Part#'s

0608-406 40 duro
0608-364 45 duro
0608-405 50 duro
0608-404 60 duro

Double check when you order.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Thanks, Ok I think i have the process. I need to order the mounts from Cat. Remove old mounts re-using the motor mount bracket. I will need to press them back in using some kind of adhesive. Then install the the torque stop on the mag side and another mount on the pto side. I do not need to pull motor just remove the belly pan to access the nuts on the inside. On the front add on's I will need to remove the oil bottle, throttle bodies, ect. Is this right or what have I missed.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
You do not need adhesive and be sure you install the new mount in the plate to the same depth they were before taking them out . Also you should not need to take the oil bottle out.

R
Feb 24, 2009
Gunnison, Co
You do not need adhesive and be sure you install the new mount in the plate to the same depth they were before taking them out . Also you should not need to take the oil bottle out.

i just did the mounts on my 06 m7 and my 07 m1000, had my local dealer order the mounts for me, then i removed the chassis plates and brought them to a local machine shop, and had them press them in, i think it was $30 for the shop work. the depth of the mounts is important!

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Ok I finally figured out why my clutching was off or inconsistent. Bad pto mount. Should I go oem or aftermarket? Who would you recommend? I plan on doing both sides as well if I have it apart enough to do one side. Cat just sells the entire plate no individual mounts.

Thanks

Just finished the job. Cat did a very good job of engineering the engine compartment for this job to be relatively easy. Took me 1 hour to pull all the brackets. I had a shop press the new mounts back in. I used the 50 duro mounts on all (4). The mechanic said that not all bushing/mounts had the same offset as the originals. I told him to place the mounts on the inside to the same reveal on the 3 mount bracket as well as the mag single mount. I installed the pto side first then the mag side. I check the alignment with my offset gauge and it is spot on. I think the critical part of this job is to have the metal of the the mounts in the exact same location as original so when you tighten it to the frame the motor is in the correct position (side to side).

Testing on stand my deflection was too tight, before chasing the clutching and deflection I installed a larger shim. After replacing the mounts I installed the original shim and the deflection is correct. One note I experienced chasing this problem was fluctuating rpm and belt deflection would not change with adding thicker shims. Just a reference for some else that may have the same problem.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
field test

Well I hope the rubber loosen's some, really transfers the vibration to frame. After a short ride it did seem to smooth out some. As far as mechanically the R's jump to 7600 on a 2 second burst( too small of area to hold throttle more than that).

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Now add the linderman mount, it is by far the best bang for your dollar and even with new mounts you cannot accurately clutch a m1000 without extra mounts.

Premium Features