• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diverting the exhaust to fit a storage bag

S
Mar 2, 2014
Hi Guys:

On my 2009 Nytro XTX (144 Track) the exhaust comes straight out the back of the tunnel on top. There is plenty of room for a storage bag but you can't put a bag there. Storage is a known weakness of this GREAT sled.

I'm thinking of adding a small pipe on the end of the exhaust that redirects the fumes 90 degrees to the right. I don't want to replace the whole exhaust system. This will allow me to place a bag in the empty space directly above the tail light. I've seen bags that go on the back of the seat, but I use all of the seat for riding.

I've seen pic's on line where this has been done. Does anyone see an issue with simply adding a small pipe that route the exhaust fumes to the right?

http://burlington.craigslist.org/sno/4284220201.html Straight exhaust with a seat bag

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FX-N...-2009-2014-Rack-Snow-Sled-Trail-/271285507131 Notice the way the exhaust points to the right.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Yamaha sells the bend. I been running it for years. Snow doesn't even melt off the gas can with the tip in stalled.

I run a d and d exhaust ... Ran it on the stocker too.

turboyammy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Billings
We've ran the elbow for years too. We run a Skinz tunnel pack on top of the taillight for storage

C
Nov 29, 2008
we cut the bottom out of the stock muffler and tig'd on a piece of pipe so it exits down into the tunnel (blocked off the back end) ... works great so you can stow gear on the back without worry .... turnout is a cheap solution but I always wonder how many suits have been ruined from accidentally touching it .... $400 bibs with a hole aren't worth squat!

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I ran the turn out, and removed the tail light completly and replaced it with an LED and mounted it on the reflector bracket above the snow flap. Then I had the entire extension area for storage, worked out great.

Premium Features