• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

California Issue with USFS

D

DOO DAWG

Dec 9, 2007
Arlington Wa. USA
In my inbox this morning

They're not ALL STUPID after all

• The Forest Service and the Plumas Travel Management Plan‏

clear.gif

1/10/11

Congressma​n Tom McClintoc

From:Congressman Tom McClintock (ca04tmima@mail.house.gov)
clear.gif
Sent:Mon 1/10/11 2:44 PM

.ExternalClass .ecxshape { }.ExternalClass del { text-decoration: line-through; color: red; }.ExternalClass ins { text-decoration: underline; color: teal; }.ExternalClass a:link { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; }.ExternalClass a:visited { color: purple; text-decoration: underline; }.ExternalClass .ecxNormal-P { margin-left: 0pt; margin-right: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman'; }.ExternalClass .ecxNormal-H { font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 12pt; }.ExternalClass .ecxDefaultParagraphFont-H { }.ExternalClass .ecxTableNormal-T { }.ExternalClass .ecxTableNormal-R { }.ExternalClass .ecxTableNormal-C { vertical-align: top; font-family: Times New Roman; }.ExternalClass .ecxHyperlink-H { color: rgb(0, 0, 255); }.ExternalClass .ecxnormal-h1-H { font-size: 12pt; } Dear Friend:

I write with an update on the increasingly severe exclusionary policies practiced by the Forest Service on our public lands, specifically the recently promulgated Plumas Travel Management Plan.

This plan further blocks access to and restricts parking on existing roads and trails, making it much more difficult to camp, collect firewood and otherwise pursue sustainable use of the public land. A generation ago, we recognized that public lands should be managed for the benefit of the public and, as a result, our forests and economy prospered. However, in recent years, the Forest Service has assumed the radical role of keeping the public off federal land. I have met with the Chief of the Forest Service several times to discuss this issue and, despite assurances to the contrary, the new Plumas Travel Management Plan continues this trend.

You may find a copy of my most recent letter to Forest Service Chief Tom Tidwell regarding the Plumas Travel Management Plan here. Also, I recently introduced legislation with Congressman Wally Herger to prohibit funding for the Forest Service to implement these new rules until they have been re-written from the standpoint of facilitating access to public lands.

Please don't hesitate to contact me in the future regarding this or any issue that concerns you or your family. I also invite you to visit my Web site, www.mcclintock.house.gov, where you can stay up-to-date on events in Washington, view my voting record, and sign up for my monthly newsletter.

Sincerely,

Tom
iqtrk.gif

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
The sole job of the USFS is to keep people off public land and to put more and more land under federal control using whatever bull$hit clause is available be it wolves,owls,lynx,hyena,hippopotomus or three peckered goat.. to sum it up the USFS SUCKS and we really need to start going for states rights and kickin the feds out...:mad2::mad2::mad2:

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
in the mountians western mt
The sole job of the USFS is to keep people off public land and to put more and more land under federal control using whatever bull$hit clause is available be it wolves,owls,lynx,hyena,hippopotomus or three peckered goat.. to sum it up the USFS SUCKS and we really need to start going for states rights and kickin the feds out...:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Thats how i see it too!!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I also saw that email, GLAD to see there is someone with some sense in a position that matters!

Premium Features