• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Know Your Roots.

J

jpete27

Mar 8, 2010
Minnesota
With four brands of snowmobiles out on the market, many avid snowmobilers hop back and forth depending on the year and improvements on sleds. Lately I've noticed that more people are concentrating on Polaris than any other brand of sled! During the 1990's and early 2000's, Polaris showed us it's spectacular ability to create a sled that dominates the trail, backcountry, and steep mountains. In Minnesota and many other Western states, Polaris' sales were amazing. Then 2005 came. The year 2005 made my eyes open WIDE! I often found myself drooling over pictures of the Fusion chassis, and the brand spanking new 900 IQ RMK. But I was caught off guard! What a disappointment! All I heard from my riding buddies for the next two to three years was, "Polaris needs a new product because of the vibration of the 900s." These friends eventually switched to none other than Ski-Doo. I had faith, and stuck to my roots. I never purchased a 900 sled, but I had faith in Polaris and bought a 600 RMK. Polaris has had a hard 5 to 6 years, but hopefully will come out on top in 2011 and 2012. I encourage all of you members of SnoWest to Know Your Roots! Take back what you've been missing out on, and ride the new 2011 Pro-RMK like it was made to ride. I know you guys still have that feeling in your gut urging you to ride a Polaris once again. I can see it in many people's eyes. Have faith in Polaris, and ride their sleds with passion!

Thanks, Jack.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Agreed. I've grown up on Polaris and will remain on Polaris. Even if they fell off the face of the earth I always joke that I would buy a sled and slap a Polaris sticker on it. Grew up riding an old '94 XLT, I really miss the sound of the triple! First sled I bought (when I was 16 even before buyin a car!) was an 02 600 Edge X, extension kit blah blah... Bullet Proof. I ran that thing into the ground, then last year I sold it to my younger cousin. He is beating the crap out of it but it wont die! I bought an '09 Assault. Still love the handling and motor when its working! Granted they have issues (like every brand has or had in the past), but you just gotta be patient. Anything man made can break no matter what brand. I plan on checking an Assault Switchback if all goes well! Trying to make it happen. All the years I've had Polaris this Assault is the 1st to ever give me a headache. The rest ran awesome. So I'm gonna stick with it. I refuse to jump ship. Every company has good and bad years so just stick with it. If you don't want to go out on a limb you don't have to but like the man said, remember your roots. Just my .02

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
yah i know what you mean....im only 23 and on my third polaris sled and every sled i get is the newer chassis, went from a 2000 gen 2, a 2003 edge then a 2008 iq. i road that 03 for a LONG TIME but instead of changing brands i just stuck to my edge...... its so weird no matter how cool the features of the other sleds are and how much better they fit my needs i cant see myself changing..same goes for gmc......im on my third gmc as well and thats all ive ever owned.......cant move away from them even tho other brands offer cargo areas and console shift and crew 6.5' box 1500s i just just dont care.

i really thing it depends on your issues ive had no problems with my gmcs or polaris's. i think if i had major issues with them like other have had i would probably move on.

Premium Features