• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

air bags for a truck

B
Jan 15, 2010
steamboatsprings co.
mine are air lift got them on my 99 dodge 5.9 built on comprsser with guage and fill or bleed button on the dash they are awesome goin to get a set for my 07 mege also also gives you another 2 in of lift if desired works great with my leveling kit they have never leaked and hold steady,definetly stabalises a heavy load to.

studboy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Nokomis,SK
I have a set of firestone double donut bags on my truck, dual pressure gauge's and valves to keep the truck from wanting to roll in the corners, I also took out hte overloads and one set of leafs to make it ride better empty. Electric compressor under the hood and a 2 gallon air tank so i have lots of air if i need to fill a tire or whatever.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Just purchased a set of firstone standard air bags for my 09 Suburban. This is a 1/2 ton with coil spring rear. The bags go inside the coils and will fill manually. I can't wait to get them on and try them with my 27' inline trailer.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I have the Air Lift Load Lifter 5000s. Very easy install and they work awesome for hauling the gooseneck (44 footer). Manual fill which isn't that bad if you're not using them all the time. Just like the instructions said 'No drilling required' ;) I would definitely recommend them for anything over 25' especially if you're not using an equalizer hitch. Even with overload springs it makes the ride that much better.

racer

A
Dec 8, 2007
Ive got the Firestone bags , they are great. I haul a camper and sometime tow my 27' trailer . I would buy another set in a heart beat

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I just installed a set of the good firestone ones(double donut) with just the manual fills inthe back. Nothing fancy, but they work awsome.

I like them as I do a lot of firewood iwth my truck, makes the load a LOT more stable, no sagging, and I dont feel like im gonna roll over when going around corners.. I got them for using with my sled deck as the truck with the deck definaly likes to tilt and wobble on corners.

AirdrieTruckAcc

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Airdrie, Alberta
We install a lot of RideRite in the shop here...we also install Hellwig which has some awesome fitting and heavy duty kits as well. If you have any specific question feel free to pm me..as i have installed them all...lol

jokerman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wy.
Installed the Firestone ride rite kit w/comp. on F350-7.3L so far no complaints hauled a ton of pellets in back,rode smooth:face-icon-small-hap

Z

ZRman31

Sep 8, 2008
Negaunee, Mi
PacBrake... I own a 3000+ pound truck camper, and the PacBrake bags made all the difference in my ride and stance. I was told they are the best bag for the buck also. SUPER heavy duty bags, super easy install, and very clean look. I've also sure ALOT of bad about the about the kits the require the mount to be installed on the outside of the frame. PacBrake install in place of your bumpstops and go directly to the axle.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
UPDATE: Well I got my Firestone air bags in the rear coil springs. I finally had to tow my trailer last night. Now this was only one small trip on the highway but I can already tell the difference. I put 20lbs in each bag and hooked up the trailer. The rear of the truck did not drop near as much. I also made sure the tires on the truck were at proper inflation. This is on a 2009 1/2 ton Suburban LT.

I took it up to 70-75 on the expressway with now sway. It feels more like when I drive my buds HD crew cab with a large inline trailer. More stability and and lot less sway and sag. I would say for $80 it was a great upgrade.

Premium Features