• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone riding up Tampico on friday (12-8-11) or saturday (12-9-11)?

D
Nov 1, 2011
I'm a student at Perry tech and want to test my freshly cleaned clutches and such. the guys from class I was going to go with backed out on me, and don't want to go alone.

not extremely experienced, snowmobiled 3-4 trips a year for the last 5 years and just bought my own 04 skidoo 800 159. I dropped into the superbowl and the small bowl last weekend and had no troubles getting around. just need to get up there and do a few hillclimbs to check how my clutching reacts.

would prefer a group that doesn't plan on taking me out in the backcountry and *literally* killing me? :face-icon-small-dis. might be hard to find out in westvalley. :face-icon-small-ton

catzr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Selah
Tampico on fri.

The Middle Fork Rd. is closed now up till Dec. 24, they are running chip trucks.
The North Fork is open, which would get you to the bowls, I am assuming it is icey. Maybe somebody will chime in who has been there this week. The Middle Fork will open up for the holidays, and then may close again depending on snow and their chipping progress.

D
Nov 1, 2011
The Middle Fork Rd. is closed now up till Dec. 24, they are running chip trucks.
The North Fork is open, which would get you to the bowls, I am assuming it is icey. Maybe somebody will chime in who has been there this week. The Middle Fork will open up for the holidays, and then may close again depending on snow and their chipping progress.

is the northfork when you head straight up the road and the middle fork is taking a right before the parking area?

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Exact opposite, the middle is when you head straight up and if you take a right just before the pavement ends that is the north fork.:face-icon-small-win

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
So did you go riding today?

I'll ride dang near ANY condition just to be on a sled, but I'm not wasting my gas money with no new snow in 2 weeks this early in the season... it's not worth breaking something or overheating the sled for the amount of terrain that is accessible right now:(

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
There is not enough snow to test ur clutches right now. I'm sure any 800 will do atleast 60mph up the bowls right now. U need more snow depth to put a load on ur clutches to c how there working. Unless ur trying to setup for dragracing. Give it one or two weeks and we should more snow.

Premium Features