• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Loss of power issue!!, need help

Feb 7, 2014
I have a ski doo summit 800 151 2005. The problem is that when I am going on a road at about 35 mph i hit the throttle and it is a very very slow reaction to start speeding up. Almost like a bog. Same thing happens when going up hills except even more power loss. I have had problems with my clutching before. When I was having problems my primary clutch was coming extremely lose when riding and would cause the weights or weight to come up. On the mountain when this was happening we changed my secondary clutch from a 6 to a 3. Which gave me more low end but didn't even help the problem. I've been told that it might be my reeds, clutching, crank shaft, electrical silinodes, and even my carb.. So please give me your thoughts, ideas, or if you have ever experienced problems like this.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Where to start....so many possibilities.
Does the engine start easily and idle smooth? If it does its not likely the reeds.
Is the choke cable adjusted properly with a little slack?....make sure choke isnt sticking partially on.
Clutches...pull apart and check for broken springs or excessive wear. Everything needs to be in good condition and reasonably clean to work correctly.
Does it act like this all the time or just imtermittent?
Engine compression?

Just a few things to check.l

Feb 7, 2014
Yes it starts the the same every time 2 pulls weather it cold or hot. Just a lot of things to check around with to narrow it down. I'd like to keep it out of a doo shop but I guess that will be my best bet so it will be fixed properly by "certified" mechanic not by a 18 year old......

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
Just because your 18 don't think you can't work on it unless you don't have the tools. Only 1 way to learn and you could buy tools instead of paying a shop. Theirs lots of "experienced" Rev/Doo mechanics on here. And just because someones "certified" doesn't mean they should be. :face-icon-small-win

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Dude, I'd like to help you but your explanation of symptoms is too vague. What's the maximum RPM it will pull ? I wonder about the condition and part # of the drive belt. You stated you went from #6 to # 3. The fact that it had beem set on # 6 and the sled didn't creep, or take off on you upon start up suggest to me you may have a problem with the belt....

Feb 7, 2014
Dude, I'd like to help you but your explanation of symptoms is too vague. What's the maximum RPM it will pull ? I wonder about the condition and part # of the drive belt. You stated you went from #6 to # 3. The fact that it had beem set on # 6 and the sled didn't creep, or take off on you upon start up suggest to me you may have a problem with the belt....

5000 grand would be the approximate rpm I'd be at. The fact is is that I had changed the belt right before the ride. But another thing I should throw in there is that is ran just fine for about 30 minutes when on the road. That when I saw the significant power loss and bogging. It will in fact take off. But then once you start going 25-35 mph 5500 rpms I give it more gas or just try to get off trail and it's just not there.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Try checking and cleaning your exsaust vaulves. and the bellows to insure they are working and moving freely. If it ran fine just 30 minutes before you may have lost a below

Premium Features