• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moto-trax updates

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
Figure I'd post what I know of as updates for Moto trax kits at this time.

1. Upper idler wheels needed to be relocated to run between rubber track nubs Need new spacers. Last kits were done at factory
2. Rear slider bushing was brittle and breaking out. Replace with new aluminum bushing. I recommend drilling and install a grease zerk at same time.
3 just a good thing to do is lock tight all bolts and be sure to tighten track after first few rides as they break in.

IMG_3230.jpg IMG_3231.jpg IMG_3219.jpg

jbmilek

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Did you drill through the aluminum with the grease zerk too?

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
So the new bush is aluminum on aluminum contact? That doesn't seem like a good solution to me. Unless it's one of those fancy lined bushings, but your excellent pic shows shiny metal inside leading me to believe that they are not.
You never want similar materials rubbing up against each other.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So the new bush is aluminum on aluminum contact? That doesn't seem like a good solution to me. Unless it's one of those fancy lined bushings, but your excellent pic shows shiny metal inside leading me to believe that they are not.
You never want similar materials rubbing up against each other.

Um steel isnt the same as aluminum.....

J

Jnorth

Dec 5, 2015
Figure I'd post what I know of as updates for Moto trax kits at this time.

1. Upper idler wheels needed to be relocated to run between rubber track nubs Need new spacers. Last kits were done at factory
2. Rear slider bushing was brittle and breaking out. Replace with new aluminum bushing. I recommend drilling and install a grease zerk at same time.
3 just a good thing to do is lock tight all bolts and be sure to tighten track after first few rides as they break in.

Thanks for this. Great pics and info!!?

Premium Features