• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do you still ride a sled???

M

MAINJET

Feb 16, 2009
Coeur d Alene
Just wondering how many guys continue to ride a snowmobile once you've ridden a snow bike??? Can you go back or is it like the old saying?

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
sold it, but we'll see. My first season is just getting started! it all depends on the areas that i can go on the Horse. If its what i think it is, I could be done sledding!

Motogeek33

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2009
North Idaho
I sold the sled and will never, ever go back. While riding the sled, I was never a horsepower junkie, so shooting straight up hills and just coming straight back down was getting old. And I always got way more enjoyment out of getting further into the back country, exploring new places where most guys won't/can't go. The bike is perfect for the kind of riding I like the most.

U
Sep 12, 2010
I sold the sled and will never, ever go back. While riding the sled, I was never a horsepower junkie, so shooting straight up hills and just coming straight back down was getting old. And I always got way more enjoyment out of getting further into the back country, exploring new places where most guys won't/can't go. The bike is perfect for the kind of riding I like the most.

Exactly.

I've considered a sled for early and late season since they don't groom in Washington.

I might go back to a sled if I can't get the breakage under control. I spent more hours this year wrenching than riding. By parts count half my kit is not original, and the motor isn't doing so hot either.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Yah that no adverse effects to your dirt bike line is total BS. That is why I built the CR500 dedicated snowbike. My theory is the big 2 stroke will be cheaper to maintain, plus it rips. Time will tell. Bought the whole bike for the same price as my two times 450 big bore engine rebuilds. I took the valves out of the stock 450 then the con rod in the 520. My turbo Nytro truly just add fuel.

M5

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I went bikes, back to sleds.

They are fun in lesser snow conditions like if you get wind blown or wanna go explore something new but for dec-march I would rather be on a sled.

M

MAINJET

Feb 16, 2009
Coeur d Alene
Looks like more people than not really like the snow bikes. Hope to try mine soon. North Idaho's hurting for snow this year.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I guess you weekend brappers don't need a sled but we sure do . Who's gonna haul fuel for the machines , fuel for heat , food , gear and beverages ? Maybe I could sell you my swivel for the one ski freight sled :face-icon-small-hap

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I went bikes, back to sleds.

They are fun in lesser snow conditions like if you get wind blown or wanna go explore something new but for dec-march I would rather be on a sled.

I agree with this... 3 feet or more of snow I have much more fun on the sled.... Only have 3 rides on the bike but the early season bottomless powder really works the bike... Either one is a great time but both have there place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Premium Features