• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Splicing for power on FI no battery bikes

W
Mar 10, 2010
I've pretty much determined that I'm going to pull power for grips and lights on my KX from in front of the diagnostic plug, run the power to a 3 way switch so that I can only have EITHER the light or the grips running at one time.

My question is what is the best tie in to an existing power source? Solder a small T connection? Then how do you waterproof? Splice with a waterproof inline crimp splice?

Anybody done this and have a good suggestion i am all ears.

W
Mar 10, 2010
There should be a diagnostic plug somewhere. probably could find a hot pin and remove it from the plug and replace with your acc. wire??

Thats kind of the plan if you read what i wrote. I have easy access to the plug, but I would like to keep the plug intact for it's original purpose of scanning and programming the bike.

camo323

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Spokane
Yes, call cyclops for a connector. I have a kx and used the red wire from the plug behind the front # plate (12 kx450). Good luck

camo323

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Spokane
Just buy the connector from him and plug it into the harness (red wire) or splice it in yourself

Premium Features