• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick Clicker Kit

offtrail

Lifetime Membership
Have a 2012 on the way. I am planning on putting a clutch kit in the sled but want to wait till some testing on the clutching is done when the snow flys. Since the 2012's have some updated clutching from skidoo. Just have to see if it works or not. So anyway I would like to put a quick clicker kit in for the time being. Just wondering what kits you guys are using on your sleds?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
We will be testing our '12 163 once we get snow. Keep in mind there are significant changes from '11- '12. Different track, different clutching, MUCH lower gearing, new ECU mapping, maybe a new belt. It's impossible to say what will work and what will not.
I am excited about the direction they have gone with clutching! Looks like a much more mountain oriented setup with the elimination of the reverse angle helix....this is a good thing IMO!
I think it will work very good out of the box, so Doo is making my job harder and harder every year. We will be trying to address any weaknesses in the clutching....what those are remains to be seen without seat time in a variety of conditions.
First thing you should look for is getting the correct RPM on clicker #3-4, which is done with a pin weight change. The sled will act wierd as it progresses through break-in so don't make any judgements until it has completed the break-in period which was close to 400 miles on the '11's.

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
We will be testing our '12 163 once we get snow. Keep in mind there are significant changes from '11- '12. Different track, different clutching, MUCH lower grearing, new ECU mapping. It's impossible to say what will work and what will not.
I am excited about the direction they have gone with clutching! Looks like a much more mountain oriented setup with the elimination of the reverse angle helix....this is a good thing IMO!
I think it will work very good out of the box, so Doo is making my job harder and harder every year. We will be trying to address any weaknesses in the clutching....what those are remains to be seen without seat time in a variety of conditions.
First thing you should look for is getting the correct RPM on clicker #3-4, which is done with a pin weight change. The sled will act wierd as it progresses through break-in so don't make any judgements until it has completed the break-in period which was close to 400 miles on the '11's.
What gearing and drivers in 2012?.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Same drivers (as far as I know) and I believe the 154 will be 21/49 and the 163 21/51....but I'm not 100% positive on that, I don't trust the specs until I see it with my own eyes, they have been wrong in the past.

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
I put 21/49 in my '09 xp. Better, but still not great. I think gearing is less of a problem on these sleds than clutching. And in my opinion, it's not so much the clutching calibration as it is the heat build up and fade you get as a result. Floating secondary should be factory if you ask me. And Brew, your right, glad to see that reverse helix go!! Although it doesn't matter much to me anymore as I went to the Cat side this year.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I put 21/49 in my '09 xp. Better, but still not great. I think gearing is less of a problem on these sleds than clutching. And in my opinion, it's not so much the clutching calibration as it is the heat build up and fade you get as a result. Floating secondary should be factory if you ask me. And Brew, your right, glad to see that reverse helix go!! Although it doesn't matter much to me anymore as I went to the Cat side this year.

Clutching and gearing have to be coordinated (IMO)....some clutching works better with taller gears, some works best with lower gears.
And yes, keeping heat down helps keep things consistant.
The '12's also have a clutch cooling duct that Doo swears drops temps 25-30 degrees. If true, that will be great!..and it fits the older XP's for about $40.
Also heard the clutch is clocked to the crank (rumor mill) so perhaps they have done something to improve balance and reduce vibration. If so, this will also help with temps and clutch wear.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Have a 2012 on the way. I am planning on putting a clutch kit in the sled but want to wait till some testing on the clutching is done when the snow flys. Since the 2012's have some updated clutching from skidoo. Just have to see if it works or not. So anyway I would like to put a quick clicker kit in for the time being. Just wondering what kits you guys are using on your sleds?
http://motsmachining.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=32&Itemid=60
mots_quik_clickr.jpg

Last edited:
J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
I could not find the Mots ones DJ listed when I bought the ones for my RT. You can now find them at

http://motsmachining.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=32&Itemid=60

I ended up using the ones from Grip and Rip racing and was happy with them

Grip and Rip has the same " style " in that they do not replace the stock clicker bolt. Rather just add the new end.

This " style " clicker retains the stock clicker bolt and there for the stock calibration and eliminates pour manufacturing control found on some brands of quick clickers that replace the entire bolt and that been found to be nearly round vs offset/oval of the stock clicker bolt.

http://www.gripnripracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=120

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Same drivers (as far as I know) and I believe the 154 will be 21/49 and the 163 21/51....but I'm not 100% positive on that, I don't trust the specs until I see it with my own eyes, they have been wrong in the past.

BRP shows two separate gearing charts. The 2.5 163 is 19/51 and 154 19/49. Too low in my opinion.I agree we need to see one

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
why do you think the elimination of the reverse angle helix is a good?

Not good in a big track mountain application....for a mix of riding or the flats it's fine.
It doesn't generate enough squeeze at higher shift ratios where you need more belt squeeze to lessen slipage as you lose belt-to-sheave contact area.
It was done to meet sound and emission standards, or so I have been told from a few different sources. Makes sense since they eliminated it with the etec as it can likely meet those without clutching manipulation.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
BRP shows two separate gearing charts. The 2.5 163 is 19/51 and 154 19/49. Too low in my opinion.I agree we need to see one

I'm a fan of low gears.
The only downside to being TOO low (from what I've seen) is lower top speed and RPM "hunting"....but with the softer belt and squishy-soft secondary spring I would think this would help to stabilize RPM.

S
Dec 12, 2007
mountain home Idaho
quick klickers

Buy the original quick klickers from between the lines designs all the others that are selling them in America are infringing on a Patented design. The ones Mot's are selling were designed after they ordered from BTLD and made their own version. Pretty cheezy imo.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
thanks everybody for all the info.

I have the original patented quick clickers in stock with great pricing. PM me if interested. Any other copy is an infringement on the originals patent which show little regard to good business practice.

T
Sep 1, 2009
It appears the Motts design doesnt require an allen wrench, that alone would be reason enough for me to consider theirs over the BTLD piece.

Last edited:
S
Dec 12, 2007
mountain home Idaho
quick clickers

If kept clean and installed correctly you can change BTLD ones with fingers also. The MOTS ones are also an illegal copy in the USA because of patent rights to the product. Although the allen stock may seem "heavy" you won't even know it's on your sled in the tool kit. Support USA businesses!!!
'

Premium Features