• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

renegade replacement skid

P
Oct 25, 2011
recently talked with avid out west rider said my 2008 renegade track would not be sufficient length. wondering if this is true and if anyone knows a good source for used mountain skids,track assemblies. first time here and first time going west any help would be much appreciated.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Whistler, BC
i used to ride a 136 for years and loved it. A little difficult on the deeper days but only makes you a better rider. But i am also 160 pounds and 25 years old so have a bunch of energy to throw it around all day

C

Cheeze

Sep 28, 2010
He wants a different skid I don't think he's worked about track length. I have a renegade and with the coupled rear skid it likes to keep the skis planted witch makes the sled trench on deep days and a pain to side hill. What I did witch isn't the best way is I put the coupler block to the thinnest face back let the limiter strap out a bit and add spring pressure on the cent shock torsion springs at th softest setting and as little ski shock spring presure that you can run. Then just keep it pinned haha and have fun not the best but it works

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Someone should try a Renegade with a set of 146 Ice Age rails with track to match. Then the rear couplers could be disengaged. Should lift the skis good then. Enhance deep snow capabilities? Only cash will tell.

Premium Features