• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017s - Any rumors?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Motor is great! No need to change that. I would say they are due for a new chassis considering they havent truely had a new one since 2008. Who knows though maybe we will just see some more refinement. New clutches? New drive system? New narrower boards? Little weight loss here and there? 900 ace turbo? 2016 changes were minimal, I bet there will atleast be something to get excited about

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Lightweight Tundra, 3 inch track , yellow , orange or pink wrap, over sized muff pot that holds 2 Cornish game hens , under seat keg mount / hot coco dispenser, oversized handle bar bag hold 12 large snicker bars or I bag of mini marshmallows complete with water proof zipper pouch to keep your smokes dry.

Skidoo they think of everything :face-icon-small-hap

DPG

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
In the last 4 years, not been towed out on a Doo once. Done towed me an Axys and a Pro recently though.
My Doos have never had repeated brake melt-downs or randomly caught on fire. Nuff said there for now......:)
Grippers and Doo heavy option springs on T3 sleds, COMPLETELY different animal. Wishy washy all but gone, predictable....me happy now.
Narrow them up, lighten them up, simplify drive system and under the hood, Doo will have a great sled that I cannot complain about!

i agree, narrow up a bit, redo airbox and pantyhose intake . hope doo keeps the same steering and rider forward with a more sculpted body like -2 inch on each side

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I am excited, it is going to be a long summer. I am sure it will be narrower and lighter, the Sea/Ski Doo rep used to live here (RIP Sam, you are missed), he said when the Spark watercraft came out that ALL of the BRP lines were going to be following suit in the simple/lighter format. I think that 2017 is the year we see it in the Doos.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
If you've been in that forum lately and read a few posts, that should cure any temptation. LOL

I just want to know if I should prepare for a snowcheck or pick up a leftover ;)

i feel kind of the same way. although i wont snowcheck. the way people are getting screwed on that now days is nuts. if something is new, i will keep my sled and wait for the 2nd year. if nothing is new, i will pick up a 16 hold over.

speaking of that......has anyone seen a 174 on sale for the low prices they are blowing out the other track length summits at?

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Hmmm

The Sea Doo spark was revolutionary in the watercraft industry....I love my spark. It would be nice to see Ski Doo follow suit with the "out of box" thinking.

I am excited, it is going to be a long summer. I am sure it will be narrower and lighter, the Sea/Ski Doo rep used to live here (RIP Sam, you are missed), he said when the Spark watercraft came out that ALL of the BRP lines were going to be following suit in the simple/lighter format. I think that 2017 is the year we see it in the Doos.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I'm curious Doo has been building awesome mountain sleds for a long time we own several and I can honestly say 2014, 2015, 2016 all ride excellent. We also have Cat, & Polaris and they ride awesome as well ... Minor differences between the 3 manufactures but all and all the 3 run awesome.

DPG

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Dpg, as far as price, simplicity, and modular frame goes the spark is revolutionary. They are also super light.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Cannot compare $5000 Spark to a $13K watercraft, that is the whole point! Cheap, fun, easy.
The Spark is light, it is EASY to fix. (Hull halves are CHEAP and are bolt on fixes to a hole in the hull.)
Sam helped us set a few up at the shop and pointed out the benefits, it was very very cool.
Hopefully we see something along the same lines in 2017 for the Doos! (As far as simplifying things.)

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Seadoo spark does not come close to theses bad boys

The big watercraft certainly have there purpose. The rxt on the right is pushing 350 hp and will make you pucker when you grab a handful. As stated earlier, what makes the spark revolutionary is the hull material and the fact that it tips the scales at ander 400 lb. I threw a vtec E85 tune on the spark and doubled the hp as well. I hope Ski Doo gets creative as well?

image.jpg

B

burnz

Jan 7, 2013
Nanton, Alberta
Lightweight Tundra, 3 inch track , yellow , orange or pink wrap, over sized muff pot that holds 2 Cornish game hens , under seat keg mount / hot coco dispenser, oversized handle bar bag hold 12 large snicker bars or I bag of mini marshmallows complete with water proof zipper pouch to keep your smokes dry.

Skidoo they think of everything :face-icon-small-hap

DPG

That would honestly be sick haha the skis are so narrow I can't even imagine where a guy could take it with a 3"

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
The big watercraft certainly have there purpose. The rxt on the right is pushing 350 hp and will make you pucker when you grab a handful. As stated earlier, what makes the spark revolutionary is the hull material and the fact that it tips the scales at ander 400 lb. I threw a vtec E85 tune on the spark and doubled the hp as well. I hope Ski Doo gets creative as well?

The RXT is a awesome machine :face-icon-small-hap ..... I run my skis in salt water and you really notice the difference in the quality of material.

DPG

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
I was told a bb 872 or something like that! The deals are crazy rigt now just picked up a t3 174 sp with estart for 13400 out the door! Wanted to snow check but it was going to be almost 18000! 4600 I think I can buy better shocks! Oh and 3 years warranty

fack I was 18200 out the door for mine with 4 year warranty.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Spark was introduced as a low cost introductory watercraft. The plastic hull used instead of traditional fibreglass is revolutionary. Be cool to see the bulk head/belly of future skidoos use this technology.

I agree the revolutionary spark about the spark is is it's lowest priced ski in the industry meant to attract new customers into a dying industry ... The hull on the other hand will never be used on the race circuit, nor was it ever intended to be.

DPG

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I don't think the deals have anything to do with a new chassis....seperate issue IMO. All the manu's have huge inventory from last year's poor snow in the west, and then this year's low snow everywhere except the west. Need the incentives to help move the iron. Cat is chincy with the incentives, and some of their dealers still have new units from 3 years ago...so it's the lesser of evils. That said...this or 2018 "should" be chassis change for doo if they stick with their 4-5 year product cycle. Hard to say whether stock levels would play in to that decision or not. If they had something ready...I'd imagine theyd push ahead anyways.

I'm not sure where the Axys having widespread major issues is coming from either...we have dozens on the snow and everyone is absolutely loving them, and not one has missed any riding or had substantial issue(s) that I'm aware of. Most solid 1st year sled I can remember for some time.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Lighter, taller, higher running boards, 29" wide front end, bulletproof front end(no S mod, E mod nightmares) same killer engine and build quality.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
New Doo chassis?
Perhaps, but that is a small factor with the incentives.

Other factors?
Primarily, there is existing inventory from lack of snow.
Secondly, I think they are in tune with the economy and being pro-active not wanting to get caught with their pants down. If this is the case they will listen to their dealers and won't force them to take an unwise amount of 2017 inventory.

Whatever the reason, this is a GREAT opportunity for snowmobilers.
When the economy has a correction, there is always a very high % of people that will not be effected. If you are one of these folks, you dollar goes so much further right now. There bargains everywhere! Not just on sleds, but look at all of the clearance sales on gear & clothing.

Premium Features