• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow check price thread

schaef_12

Lifetime Membership
Sep 7, 2011
To get a price, do you guys call the dealer and list off all the options that you want with snowcheck? I would get nervous that I would miss something. Can you print out a page with what sled you built and send it to multiple dealers?

Sorry for the newb questions

You can build your sled on the polaris website and send that exact build to your dealer of choice.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I know but the button you push at the end says "reserve my sled"...I'm assuming that just gets me price quotes? And doesn't actually reserve a sled?

It reserves that sled you just built, no prices other than MSRP is listed. After you "reserve this sled", you'll get an email with your order number, personal info and what sled was ordered. It'll also have this,

Next Step:
Your SnowCheck request has been received – please contact your selected dealer as soon as possible to complete and confirm the SnowCheck order.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
how about just posting the price for the sled, not the tax, doc fees, dealer prep, etc... there is such a wide variance of those it makes it really hard to get a true price comparison.

include the sled model with accessories

thanks

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
so far I have one price. $12,500 usd for a 155 800ho with 2.6 and no other options other than painted tunnel. I'm waiting on at least 2 more prices from other dealers that are usually 5-700 cheaper than this dealer.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Just sent out my build sheet to 12 different dealers.

Pro RMK
Black/Black/Black
163x2.6
Burandt small tunnel back
Clicker shocks
front and rear bumpers
The more expensive cover (Unless one of you wants to give me an enclosed trailer;))

MSRP with my options is 15,143

My options could change from now until I give up my $500, but I want to get some quotes and narrow down my dealers right now. I'll work out the fine details later

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002

Pro RMK
Black/Black/Black
163x2.6
Clicker shocks
front and rear bumpers
The more expensive cover (Unless one of you wants to give me an enclosed trailer;))

My options could change from now until I give up my $500, but I want to get some quotes and narrow down my dealers right now. I'll work out the fine details later

So did you just click the "reserve my sled" button 12 different times and select a different dealer each time? Eric

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
So did you just click the "reserve my sled" button 12 different times and select a different dealer each time? Eric

Yeah thats what I did. Clicked "reserve my sled" then back, change dealer and repeat. I hope I don't end up buying 12 sleds. Good luck to polaris on getting 180,000 bucks out of me to pay for them all!! :bowl:

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL

Pro RMK
Black/Black/Black
163x2.6
Clicker shocks
front and rear bumpers

Seems like complete brain damage.

Why not just call a couple local dealers?

I'd be willing to pay a little more to support a local dealer rather than drive two states away to get a sled from a big dealer to save $500. The day I destroy an A-Arm and walk back into my local dealer and find out they don't have the part in stock but are willing to take one off their personal sled or another sled to save my bottomless riding day is worth every cent.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Haven't dealt with a dealer salesman in awhile I forgot what they will say to make a sale.

So far I've gotten two quotes. Dealer A calls, "Well we would really like to earn your business. Just so that we can cut straight to the chase, take the lowest price from the other dealers and bring it in to see if we can beat it." Me-"No I think I would really like to hear your lowest price so I can put it together with all the others" (If one dealer has to play the game, they all need to play it. If I select a dealer not based on price, then I'll give them a chance to come down a bit) Him-"Ok, let me do some pricing and give you a call back"

Calls back, "Ok, with all the accessories, I can do 14,8xx. and that's 500 over cost and no charge for setup" Me-"Ok" (thinking, ok that's a lie, no way that's 500 over cost)

Dealer B, "I can do 13,5xx"

So either Dealer A is lying on their dealer cost or Dealer B REAAALLY wants to make a sale and is willing to lose 800 dollars doing so lol. I hate being lied to...FYI to dealer A.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Haven't dealt with a dealer salesman in awhile I forgot what they will say to make a sale.

So far I've gotten two quotes. Dealer A calls, "Well we would really like to earn your business. Just so that we can cut straight to the chase, take the lowest price from the other dealers and bring it in to see if we can beat it." Me-"No I think I would really like to hear your lowest price so I can put it together with all the others" (If one dealer has to play the game, they all need to play it. If I select a dealer not based on price, then I'll give them a chance to come down a bit) Him-"Ok, let me do some pricing and give you a call back"

Calls back, "Ok, with all the accessories, I can do 14,8xx. and that's 500 over cost and no charge for setup" Me-"Ok" (thinking, ok that's a lie, no way that's 500 over cost)

Dealer B, "I can do 13,5xx"

So either Dealer A is lying on their dealer cost or Dealer B REAAALLY wants to make a sale and is willing to lose 800 dollars doing so lol. I hate being lied to...FYI to dealer A.

Is dealer pricing a static number? Or do higher volume dealers get better pricing?

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Good question, but I would be willing to bet the dealer cost is flat across the board. Wouldn't make sense for a dealer to have to pay more to polaris just because they don't sell as many sleds

In my experiences the smaller dealers are usually asking MSRP and are a lot less willing to deal. And because of their shortsightedness they continue to only sell a few sleds every year. Where as the dealers that are thinking past this one sled deal on this one day of the year, tend to give better deals and sell far more sleds every year than the smaller dealers.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Dealers pay the same for the sled (invoice). I'm sure there is a very small holdback they get later on but the difference is some dealers have the cash to buy the sleds from their own bank account. Other dealers don't have that kind of money laying around and are forced to "floor plan" or finance the sleds on their showroom floor until they sell. Even if you are pre-ordering the dealer is paying for that sled before you pay them so they are going to pay some points on the interest. Interest on one sled is really nothing but if you are doing it for a hundred of them then it is different.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Dealers pay the same for the sled (invoice). I'm sure there is a very small holdback they get later on but the difference is some dealers have the cash to buy the sleds from their own bank account. Other dealers don't have that kind of money laying around and are forced to "floor plan" or finance the sleds on their showroom floor until they sell. Even if you are pre-ordering the dealer is paying for that sled before you pay them so they are going to pay some points on the interest. Interest on one sled is really nothing but if you are doing it for a hundred of them then it is different.

This seems like all the more reason to give some awesome deals on snowchecks. As I understand it, there is a minimum number of sleds a dealer has to take (information from my local SMALL dealer). So if they can have a sled spoken for when they go to order, and they know it will leave the floor as soon as they take delivery, that's one less sled they are paying interest on.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Yes, but at some point they need to make a profit as well. It's a tough business. Dealers don't make much on the sale of sleds. There just is not much markup. They really make money off of service, used sled sales, small margins on parts.

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't shop around for a deal, but if a local dealer is wanting your business and tries to take care of you when you need help. What is $500 for buying locally? Wait until you local dealer closes shop because they cannot afford to be open and then what are you stuck with?

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
My dealer explained it as different cost for differen volumes he fits in tier 1 200 more a sled then tier 2 and then there is a tier 3 so I belive him not going to argue over 200 for his service great dude but I can see a dealer that pushes 50 sleds getting better price than one pushing 15 maybe its not the actual sled prices more maybe it's in there franchise fees or shipping but he says its little more and I understand

Premium Features