• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M10 adjustments

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Put my m10 out of my attak into my nytro and it seems we should have set it back about 1/2" more than we did as when I get the track (a new one at that) as tight as it needs to be I only have about 3 threads left on the tightener.

My question is should I go with some 8" wheels to take up some slack or will they be too much. Also this is a floating rear axle set up, and it has another set of holes that I could put the arm into that would push just the rear axle back about that 1/2" that I need, but not sure if this is proper or not.

Thanks,

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
You cannot move to different holes or you will crack the gussets under the live axle slides. They are meant to stay in the front hole on the live axle and the top hole on the swing arm. If you move them you will have trouble, move the skid back. I learned the hard way. You could put bigger wheels in too.

:beer;:beer;, AA

Last edited:

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
that sucks, so anyone know how much track the 8" wheels will eat up, only need about 1/2 to 1 inch in horizontal movement of the tightener bolts.

thanks

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
I installed m-10 the same way I did not think it would matter moving the live axle back one hole, because it seemed like that is why they put the extra hole in the arm. How can you put bigger wheels on the live axle? Here is mine you can see I installed it in the middle hole. If this is true I will put it back to the original hole and order some bigger wheels. Has any one else had this problem with the gussets cracking?

winter453.jpg

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Talked to Fast today and they said you should not move the bolts, I did not ask why. He says that If I take the locking nuts off and either cut them in half or just put regular nuts on it than I should be able to move it back a ways farther. Also said i could put on 8" wheels that should move it back another 3/8"(seems like it ought to do more than that, but that is what he said).

How does the air shock work for you, I have the air up front, but the spring in the middle.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I installed m-10 the same way I did not think it would matter moving the live axle back one hole, because it seemed like that is why they put the extra hole in the arm. How can you put bigger wheels on the live axle? Here is mine you can see I installed it in the middle hole. If this is true I will put it back to the original hole and order some bigger wheels. Has any one else had this problem with the gussets cracking?

winter453.jpg

I've seen three set up this way and all three cracket the gussets. Only took me one ride to crack mine. Moving the live axle back 1/2 to 3/4 inch on the slides puts tons more stress on the rails. :confused: The M10 dealer I deal with informed me of this problem, he's seen it before. A lot go into making an M10 work, or any skid for that matter, wrong preload, wrong shock angle, improper mounting, etc, etc.

I made the decision to just move my skid back 3/4" to make sure I had enough adjustment, I couldn't get any good advise whether the bigger wheels would give me enough. I couldn't believe how much the Camo extreme's stretch.

Good Luck

Last edited:
A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
Talked to Fast today and they said you should not move the bolts, I did not ask why. He says that If I take the locking nuts off and either cut them in half or just put regular nuts on it than I should be able to move it back a ways farther. Also said i could put on 8" wheels that should move it back another 3/8"(seems like it ought to do more than that, but that is what he said).

How does the air shock work for you, I have the air up front, but the spring in the middle.

I like the air shock so far it rides nice, I guess I will put it back to the original positon and just go with 8 inch wheels for now, I wonder why they have those holes there if they are not for adjusting for track length.

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
I've seen three set up this way and all three cracket the gussets. Only took me one ride to crack mine. Moving the live axle back 1/2 to 3/4 inch on the slides puts tons more stress on the rails. :confused: The M10 dealer I deal with informed me of this problem, he's seen it before. A lot go into making an M10 work, or any skid for that matter, wrong preload, wrong shock angle, improper mounting, etc, etc.

I made the decision to just move my skid back 3/4" to make sure I had enough adjustment, I couldn't get any good advise whether the bigger wheels would give me enough. I couldn't believe how much the Camo extreme's stretch.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info I will put it back to the original spot, saved me a set of rails. I might try the 8 inch wheels and removing the lock nut like described above.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I put in two days on the rear Legend air shock, I really like it. Way lighter and way better ride. I had the front air shock last year. ;)
I ran 125 psi in it with the jack rolled ahead about 50 turns :beer;
Trail and normal riding I run about 50 psi in the front, climbing I let pretty much all of the air out of the front shock. :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features