• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1st AXYS modification

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I know this tread was started on what our "1st Mods" were, so Im wondering how they worked out for everyone if you did what you originally thought or changed plans. Did the parts work? What would you do the same or do different? For me I wish I would have got on B&M Fab's list earlier to get some bumpers, everything else has went well even all the new style Polaris bags.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Top of the list is the slp pipe kit.
Pulls good, zero det issues (even without a resistor)
Cracked around the egt, bam they send me a whole new pipe set.
Can't get better service than that......

Then the A2D motorsports clutch kit. Consistent performance.

The progressive RCS spring is plush and controls ski lift.

The poo underseat bag is really good.

The pro ride underhood bag for hot sandwiches. (No worries of burning) :)

CR racing throttle block is light and solid. (Powdercoated it)

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Top of the list is the slp pipe kit.
Pulls good, zero det issues (even without a resistor)
Cracked around the egt, bam they send me a whole new pipe set.
Can't get better service than that......

Then the A2D motorsports clutch kit. Consistent performance.

The progressive RCS spring is plush and controls ski lift.

The poo underseat bag is really good.

The pro ride underhood bag for hot sandwiches. (No worries of burning) :)

CR racing throttle block is light and solid. (Powdercoated it)

Glad to hear SLP took care of you, they took good care of me when I used their pipes & products in the past. Where are you mounting the Pro underwood bag? Same spot as the Pro? I sold mine with the last sled, Ill get another one if you're liking it.
Im really happy with the other Polaris bags, the new tunnel bag works great, I have the larger one. I wish it had a mount for a shovel on the outside though. The windshield bag works, but doesn't heat up much until I drilled bigger holes under the hood and the opening is really small to get my hands & googles in. The dash bag is my only real complaint, It lets snow in the sides really easy so I have to be careful what I put in there other than that its handy and out of the way.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Glad to hear SLP took care of you, they took good care of me when I used their pipes & products in the past. Where are you mounting the Pro underwood bag? Same spot as the Pro? I sold mine with the last sled, Ill get another one if you're liking it.
Im really happy with the other Polaris bags, the new tunnel bag works great, I have the larger one. I wish it had a mount for a shovel on the outside though. The windshield bag works, but doesn't heat up much until I drilled bigger holes under the hood and the opening is really small to get my hands & googles in. The dash bag is my only real complaint, It lets snow in the sides really easy so I have to be careful what I put in there other than that its handy and out of the way.

Mounts in the same place.
Minus the steel rod.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I am still waiting for the dash, bar and underseat bags to come in from Polaris. Also still waiting for my Front and Rear Polaris Bumpers.

In talks with Ice Age and B&M for some bomber rails and running boards, hoping these will come my way shortly after Haydays.

Were close on the Silber Turbo as well for the Axys, Can not wait to get it all on!!!

How did your bomber rails turn out? Im thinking of ordering their Hill climb braces. Did you bend your stock ones or switch them before riding? Did you do the cross brace too?

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Ice Age Hill climb braces

I finally ordered the Ice Age hill climb braces and put them on. Our last trip to Co was a mess because my riding buddy bent his rails beyond repair as soon as we got there and no replacements within 500 miles or days of shipping. So I bought some and put them on for preventive measures. (I hope).
It wasn't hard to install them. I put some pics on to show what I did. You can get different color ones. I have red snow check rails so I thought maybe black, not sure what others think, maybe I should have went red but was worried it would be slightly different color.

IMG_7446.jpg IMG_7447.jpg IMG_7448.jpg IMG_7449.jpg IMG_7450.jpg IMG_7451.jpg IMG_7453.jpg

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Step 1, Remove wear bars, melt out the carbides and fill with weld.
Step 2, Adjust track and suspension settings, check toe-in.
Step 3, Install Muffpot.
Step 4, fill with gas and oil
Step 5, Ride it and fine tune clutching and suspension

Eric

I started laughing when I read this reply. I thought about how relevant this quote from Eric applies now with the new 850 and all the keyboard stress over if the motor is going to hold up. His 5 steps will help. I would add clean your new belts (spare as well) before riding.

Premium Features