• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best REV sled?

H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
If you are looking for the best, '07. If you are looking for a solid sled with minimal issues, '06X. Owners of those that came before, 03.5,'04,'05 paid the price on the development of the best 'pull & go" sled in the last 10yr's. I looked long & hard before buying my '07. Bought a clean used Adrenaline, had the 2.25 powdermax, went thru entire sled, sold stk clutches & replaced with new TRAIII & Team for the same price,re-gear & re-clutched,Enzo Cananda shocks/springs,Boss,HPS,SLP intake, SPI y-pipe, Stk 800R engine. Have ridden the XP's (w/mods) '08/'09/'10, not for me, The father in law has a good running '06 & it's not even in the same ball park. Now, if I could find a new mint '06X with the full SLP Perf kit like Reeb stole, oops! (recently purchased) then I might have gone that way. Had to find a low mileage '06 that the owner doesn't think is worth the price of an '09XP, or a higher mileage one that the owner "has never had to touch", but beliive me, you will... My biased opinion is that you can pick up a low mileage '07 & go thru it for the same dollar & come out with a better over all sled...

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Now, if I could find a new mint '06X with the full SLP Perf kit like Reeb stole, oops! (recently purchased) then I might have gone that way.

CF front end
9" CF wheels
SLP motor, intake and exhaust
Simmons skis(For sale btw)
162x16x2.5 CE
162" rails
Fresh motor
Fresh clutches
Fresh bearings and bushings all the way around.
And I've added a few things that really woke it up(not that it needed it...but I wanted it :D)

And yeah......it was too good to pass up.

attachment.php

Reeber-DM01.jpg

Last edited:

pureadrenaline

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2008
Holy crap 04-05??!! you're on crack. all you have to do is spend 5 mins on the search tool and you'll see 06 is reguarded as the best year the REV was built.

You beat me to it... The 04 is trash!

Before anyone says other wise here is the history of my 04, 2 Motors and 3 Rebuilds in 5,xxx miles. The original motor split a rod in half and put it threw the block in 100 miles. If your looking for a reliable motor then 4 stroke is the only way, but if you are set on a 2 stroke rev then I would have to agree about the 06 being the obvious choice. But then again its the only choice, 03-05 were riddled with problems and 07 they introduced the 800r into the MT sleds. I don't know much about the 07 800r but I know 08 had enough problems which leads me to believe the 07 did also.

pure

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Pure,
I don't know what your problem is here but I find it funny that you have 4 posts on this site and all 4 say the same thing 04's are junk. Like I said in another thread just cause you had a bad one does not mean they are junk, Just means you had a bad one.

pureadrenaline

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2008
My problem is my pos rev... I'm not looking to piss anyone off here, but just because I have 4 posts doesn't mean a thing. I'm also a member of Dootalk, TY, Arctic, and Hardcore. I made this account up a long time ago and now that I am moving out west I decided to do some reading on here...

pure

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I'm not bashing on you for only having 4 post but I'm just saying why come on this site and have all 4 of your posts stating the same thing. If you've had bad luck with your REV then go buy another brand but don't start saying that all 04 REVs are junk. That's simply not true

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
You beat me to it... The 04 is trash!

Before anyone says other wise here is the history of my 04, 2 Motors and 3 Rebuilds in 5,xxx miles. The original motor split a rod in half and put it threw the block in 100 miles. If your looking for a reliable motor then 4 stroke is the only way, but if you are set on a 2 stroke rev then I would have to agree about the 06 being the obvious choice. But then again its the only choice, 03-05 were riddled with problems and 07 they introduced the 800r into the MT sleds. I don't know much about the 07 800r but I know 08 had enough problems which leads me to believe the 07 did also.

pure
04 TRASH ?NOPE YOU NEED A NEW WRENCH PULLER!:face-icon-small-sho

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
05's were solid engines too. They had fixed the flakey ring problems by then and run well. I have an 05 and just rolled it over 3600 miles at the end of the season.
Will do a top end and have the crank inspected, but have had 0 issues other than to add gas and oil. That has been HARD mountain riding, deep powder and lots of long pulls.

pureadrenaline

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2008
I'm not bashing on you for only having 4 post but I'm just saying why come on this site and have all 4 of your posts stating the same thing. If you've had bad luck with your REV then go buy another brand but don't start saying that all 04 REVs are junk. That's simply not true

The reason I posted the same thing is because all those posts were on page 1 and they all asked the same thing, I didn't go around searching. Obviously those disagreeing with me need to take the yellow blinders off and do a little searching(or at least look at all the problems on page one alone). Even with all the problems I have had I am still planning on buying a new 800 Etec when I am sure Doo has worked most of the bugs out, but for now I am looking for another Apex...

pure

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
HAHA..Its all good.. I love revs! Dont ever take my sarcasm or crap talking seriously!

My opinion the 07 when Modded is the best balanced strongest running sled to date.I can not stand the XP with no usable footwells .If there were a better option I would have one

M

mastertech

Mar 24, 2009
Cambridge/McCall Id.
www.snowestonline.com
I personally have ran my 05 Hard for several years now! I personally have NO complaints on it. Although, I dont have much exsperience with other years do to most my riding peeps ride dragons. Regardless, everyones opinion will differ. When it comes down to it, the rev any year is a proven sled!

SledMonkey

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Gresham Or.
Yeah it is true its all how u take cake of your sled in the first place.
If u run it hard and put it away wet next year u will have problems
a little maintenance goes a long ways I have 04 summit 800 H.O. 151
and it runs like a raped ape :smokin:

GetAttachment.jpg

Premium Features