• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 800 RMK Carb problems

K
Jan 31, 2011
I have gas coming out of one of the venting hoses on my 2001 800 polaris RMK. Just rebuilt the top end. It was running fine and then appeared to be a fouled out plug. Then noticed gas dripping on the ground. It comes out of the air box, but found out it is coming through the venting hose off the carb. What may cause this??

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Worn needle/seat assembly or a piece of junk holding it open, possibly stuck float. The gas isn't being stopped from coming into the carb through the needle/seat assembly, it fills the float bowl till it has nowhere else to go and then runs out the vent line.

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
Crappy fuel can cause the fuel line to come apart and specks will hang up on the needle/seat. A temp fix can be to get it running , shut the fuel off and run that float bowl low, then open the fuel and the fresh coming in will free things up....IF that don't work, take apart the carb and look closely for what's in there....G'luck

K
Jan 31, 2011
thanks. I took my carbs apart last night and found that one of the floats was sticking. Don't have them back in my sled yet, but hopefully that will be the fix.

Premium Features