• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XLT updates and a couple Q's

B
Mar 14, 2011
Beav-town, OR
Ok so for starters...

XCR tank on
2005 RMK seat being trimmed and fitted
SLP brake/running light coming in
Tunnel polished

I would like to upload pictures but cannot for the best of me figure it out.

Also if anyone in this "mature" sled forum has an idea of which if any big wheel kit will fit on the XLT? What size wheels and all that jazz. I have seen that SLP has the kit for the axle but will that fit my application if it is 1 year older than specified by the SLP website.?

B
Mar 14, 2011
Beav-town, OR
Please someone help with the picture upload proceedure and does anybody know about the big wheel axle that might fit the XLT? Will the SLP one fit even though its only 1 year difference?

And another thing... Since I am going to a shorter seat that will be up off of the tunnel I wanted to polish it up. So I got some 1500 wetsand paper and went to work as i was informed to do by a buddy that did the same. It looks pretty good but does any sled guy or gal have a good aluminum polish that will get it real shiney? I'm talking blinding, mirror finish polished.

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
If your sled has the same suspension as the year model advertised i dont see why it wouldnt fit. Give SLP a call and see what they say.

As for the polish, some have had good luck with wicked metal polish, i had good results with it as well. But i prefer a mothers or meguires product myself. Usually as long as you stick with a good name brand you wont be disapointed. I might get the wicked in your case, if for no other reason than it comes in a bigger bottle rather than a small tub. LOL! And get ready for blisters and sore wrists and fingers. HAHA!

DanB

Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Adding attachments

To add pics or other attachments click the "Go Advanced" button that is next to "Quick Reply". When the new page paints, scroll the page so that you can see the "Additional Options" frame. Within that frame is a button labeled "Manage Attachments". Click that button and a popup window will appear. There's two frames in that pop-up and the upper one is labeled "Upload file from your Computer". There's several input boxes there with each having a browse button to the right. Click one of the browse buttons and a new window will pop-up and you can now drill down to where the pic is located on your PC. Repeat for each pic you want to upload using a different input box each time.
Once done, click the "Upload" button on the first pop-up to upload them. Now you'll be back to the main window and you can click the "Submit Reply" to complete posting to the forum. It sounds more difficult than it really is.

DanB

Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Looking good!

So, that's a Gen 2 XCR 800 gas tank and you cut the seat pan off it?

Last edited:
B
Mar 14, 2011
Beav-town, OR
Thanks Dan!!

Ya I think its coming along pretty good. I finished the fab on the seat bracket like the dragon style headed to get bead blasted and powder coated. As for the tank it is off of a 96 XCR 600 it was from a parts sled i had bought a couple years ago. and I puled the seat cover off and trimmed the foam and seat pan to as closely as possible match the tank lines. I will post pics as much as possible to show progress.

B
Mar 14, 2011
Beav-town, OR
Should be back together in the next week or so. Seat is getting pulled and stapled. Support bracket is getting powder coated. now just waiting for parts to return and then get it all back together. Hoping to atleast hit the snow one more time before the end of the season and we normally ride at 3C

B
Mar 14, 2011
Beav-town, OR
Well next trip

next trip is soon approaching and finally this thing is done. Cannot wait to get out on the snow with it and see how it feels, just sitting on it in my garage it is really comfortable for a taller guy like myself.

Sled 1.jpg Sled 2.jpg Sled 3.jpg IMAG0203.jpg

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
next trip is soon approaching and finally this thing is done. Cannot wait to get out on the snow with it and see how it feels, just sitting on it in my garage it is really comfortable for a taller guy like myself.

Looking good. Your going to love how it feels. Let me know when you get it back together and I'll meet you on the hill.

Dec 30, 2011
Wednesday there was about 8" of fresh powder not too far out of 3 creeks sno-park. Should be pretty good next week if the weatherman is right!

B
Mar 14, 2011
Beav-town, OR
another little mod

I really wanted to get a 2 wheel kit for my sled but no one made a kit that I could find for the 96' and older polaris sleds. I know yes it is older and why sink money into it. well its payed for and it does what i have asked of it so why not! I bought the SLP polaris 2 wheel kit for starters, the kit is made for newer sleds that used a different size bore on their bearings 20mm rather than the older sleds that use a 25mm bore. The other thing I ran into was the spacer sleeve for the axle between the skid rail and the bearing was made for the larger axle to I found an inexpensive piece of pipe with the correct OD and ID and cut it down for the size spacer I needed and then drilled and cut out the slide hole for the axle block tensioner bolt. As for the bearing issue I went to Applied tech which is a company that specializes in bearings and machine parts. The new bearing is an SKT with an OD of 52mm, 15mm width and the appropriate 20mm bore. I bet they can be found at an autoparts store with some time spent while the parts guys stumble and look for the caliper to size them. I have added pictures on is good and the other not so good with the sun in the background. If anyone was thinking about doing this same mod and needs assistance let me know and I will lend any info I have.

2 wheel kit.JPG 2 wheel kit 2.jpg

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
You've done a great job on that sled and have probably had a lot of fun in the process of building it! I'd like to see a side profile of the whole sled.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
Look up CCconcepts.com? its something like that but ebay it you will find there sight and you can go from your 6 3/8 well to 9" with there offset axles and wheel kit, I have a nice set of light weight trailing arms if your interested they have a black head piece with an aluminum shaft PM please. Sled is making me make i want to build one so bad but its really hard to get off my custom IQR and jump into a full mod again.

B
Mar 14, 2011
Beav-town, OR
So disregard the terrible paint job on the hood, that was my first metallic painjob a couple years back and i dont really worry about it so im gonna let it stay. lol and I really forgot how low the front end sits on this indy chassis. I was so used to seeing it up on the lift. But she is done, looking for one more spin on the snow and into the barn for summer sleep.

Sled1.jpg Sled2.jpg

Premium Features