• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo Bulletin: Vibration Damping Clutch Technology

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
BRP just shot this over to me suggesting I should post it for our members.

picture.php

M
Mar 7, 2008
Almont, Michigian
Hopefully the guys that are running out to there machine shops to get the wobble corrected on the primary will read this thread first, although how come this technology that doo has makes all these belts blow so easy??:face-icon-small-sho And now for 2018 they are putting a fan on the sheaves, they know they have a problem, come on DOO we are paying 14 grand for a sled, that's clutches are so hot you can cook a egg on, I don't get It!!:face-icon-small-con

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
ITS NOT APRIL 1 YET !!!:face-icon-small-dis

screenshots off a tablet ... second article in pdf form ...

suspect .. very suspect !!!!

where is the URL from the original post by skidoo ?

Go to the online corporate bulletin page.
They released it 2 hours ago to delaers.

And seriously, do you REALLY THINK I would post something saying it came from BRP directly if it didn't.

REALLY??

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Thanks for point that information.

Hopefully the changes Doo is making for the 2018s will help with the bels issues (new belt, new sheave, new clutch cover).

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
ITS NOT APRIL 1 YET !!!:face-icon-small-dis

screenshots off a tablet ... second article in pdf form ...

suspect .. very suspect !!!!

where is the URL from the original post by skidoo ?

Who the hell besides BRP would take the time to make all that jibberish up and make all those pictures? :face-icon-small-dis

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Posted this on another site but it is amazing the clutch holds RPM if its losing tension every half turn.

With that being said makes me curious to know how the pdrive works on a 800 etec like Goodwin is cutting clutches for.

N
Jul 29, 2015
Posted this on another site but it is amazing the clutch holds RPM if its losing tension every half turn.

With that being said makes me curious to know how the pdrive works on a 800 etec like Goodwin is cutting clutches for.

I don't think you understand how this design works. As the engine moves towards and away from the secondary based on the firing order and natural imbalance of the engine, the clutch run out is properly aligned such that it neutralizes the effect of the engine movement. The premise here is that the belt tension remains more constant. There should be no fluctuation in RPM with this design. It's a cool idea.

They obviously still have a clutch heat issue. Most likely related to a calibration, airflow and alignment.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
So what is that saying for doo for the guys that took the wobble out of it and fixed the hot clutch problem they had in the past.. Maybe back to the drawing board doo, your design is flawed

Do you know of any that did and it actually helped, or was it just your neighbor's brother's uncle that did it?

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt

Think they use the 600RS pdrive vs the 850. If I remember correct there was a difference.

Premium Features