• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Nytro Ratchet

Ult680

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Ada, MI
On my last ride this week my nytro would ratched when I hit a bump on the throttle. Tightened the track but no difference. I know the 09's had problem spinning the drivers, but mine look ok and seems to be fine on long pulls. Just the bumps are getting a little ratchet. Any thoughts?

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
your track must be waaaay too loose....my nytro has never ratcheted once in 2500 miles. you say it does it when you hit bumps....is it possible your rail caps are hitting the drivers have you modified rear suspension location?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
The broken bolt wont cause ratcheting, that's just for assembly purposes, mine hasn't had a bolt in it from the first few hundred KM

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Most likely not a bolt breakage issue as the 2010 models have stronger updated bolts in the driveshaft. The part number for the updated bolt on the 2010's will superceed 08, and 09 bolt part numbers as well, so this is the same bolt that is a warranty replacement for those that have broke in the past.

Ult680

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Ada, MI
Brought it in for another issue. If the dealer doesn't fix it I am going to take it apart and put a powerclaw on. Should find something out then. Its just weird, you would think it would ratchet when its loaded. But only does it when you it a stutter bump on the gas. Checked the rails for stabbing but all looks fine. Maybe its just nature of the beast!

Premium Features