• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T1100 oil change question

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Guys wondering if any of you took a look at where the oil drain plug is on the t1100?

I happened to have a SeaDoo RXP Supercharged, and I have to do the dipstick oil retrieval method after warming up the engine. You never got all the old oil out. Then you had to be careful to put the same amount of oil back in.

The dry sump system made it difficult to ascertain how much oil was actually in there. Overfill and your engine would slow down fairly significantly. YOu had the "thread the needle" to get the proper amount in.

Is there a bottom dump that goes through the belly pan?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
There's probably very little oil in the crankcase. I would think you drain the dry sump on the chaincase and fill that thing back up again. That's probably 90% of the oil anyway. Trying to get every last bit of oil out of it doesn't really benefit you that much.

Last edited:

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
There's probably very little oil in the crankcase. I would think you drain the dry sump on the chaincase and fill that thing back up again. That's probably 90% of the oil anyway. Trying to get every last bit of oil out of it doesn't really benefit you that much.

Ah-ha!!

I bet you are right

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i know on the dry sump yami's there is so little in the crankcase that you just drain the resivour and thats all that really matters.. or you can go nuts about the few drops left inthe bottom of the motor.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
especially when the average owner will have less than 1000 miles/season on the sled.

Oil & filter changes will be more frequent than necessary anyway.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
especially when the average owner will have less than 1000 miles/season on the sled.

Oil & filter changes will be more frequent than necessary anyway.
no kidding, im wondering how many of these sleds are gonna be getting ridden at just a small portion of an oil changer interval every season... already doing them more often then needed.. just cheap insurance, if the cats hold up like they should, if you take care of the oil/filter, they will last a heck of a lot longer then the chassis.

Z
Jan 26, 2011
On the 1100 motor there is a drain plug on the motor and on the resevor. Supposedly about a 20 minute job. Problem I have is I put on 1000 or less a year and that makes 4 strokes more expensive to own and operate than a add oil two smoke.

Premium Features