• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First oil and x-mission change on the snowbike

B
I have no idea how many miles or hours I've ridden since day 1, but I was itching to drop my oils to see how they look and most importantly, to see if I've added any fuel to the engine oil.

I have two sumps in my motor. An engine side that takes 750 cc's and the x-mission side that takes the same amount. I had a 5w-30 full syn in the motor side and it came out looking good and with not much gunge on the drainplug magnet. There was also no fuel-smell in the oil at all. The coldest my motor has run has been from 140-150 and that is when I'm deep in the powder, otherwise, the max temp has been 224 as the Voyager Trail Tech tracks the max temp as well as the average and the average has been 182. This is good and when I went to put the engine jacket back on, I took the advice of another member and stuffed some foam in the space in the front, between the engine jacket and the motor so there is less room for snow to get in and freeze. I've got a Fram 5w-30 full synthetic in the engine sump.

The x-mission side looked great too. Nothing on the built in screen that is attached to the drain plug. I had my nephew and my BIL riding my bike and as we all know, people can miss shifts, not use the clutch-whatever someone else might do or not do on the bike when we're not riding it, it is good to know that new oil is in the bike and it is still running great. I have Motul Transoil Expert 10w-40 in the x-mission.

Battery is on the trickle charger and the bike is ready for the next ride.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
The Voyager has an hour meter if you wrapped the wire around the spark plug lead. It also has a Trip Hour meter. You also get a gold star, participation award for having your bike ready to go......

B
"Gold Star"=nice, thanks for the reward, it makes me feel good. I like the taste of the adhesive on the back of the star and I stuck it on my forehead.

My Trail Tech Voyager came stock, all wired up to my bike from the factory, which was really nice. It shows a lot of useful information and includes a GPS, which is nice for when we go to new places. It is somewhat crude with no map overlay but at least we can always backtrack and get back to the truck, as long as I saved where the truck is parked.

Premium Features