• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

project sled almost complete

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
i posted a project i have going this summer, just wanted to post some updates. Just got it back from powder coating and it looks good. let me know what you think.

IMG00013.jpg

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
yep, i bought a TIG welder and went to town on it. It feels way more ridgid than the stocker and there is no chance for snow build up on the running boards. Just hope i dont fall through haha

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
that thing is pretty dang sick! i want to check it out! have to meet up and ride sometime this winter! i really like the running board setups like that, super practical mods that look awsome as well.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Ok, some almost final pictures. All i need to do now is get rid of the yellow. I have a set of black hi-fax to put on, and ordered a big wheel kit for the rear wheels. Should look good. Anyone know where to get white hi fax? also want to get rid of all of the swithches on the handle bars. Anyone attemped converting to rocker swithches on the dash for warmers and lights?
snowmobileforsale002.jpg

snowmobileforsale001.jpg

finally figured out how to post big pictures

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
Anyone attemped converting to rocker swithches on the dash for warmers and lights?

Just did this on my Nytro. The handwarmer(left) is a momentary switch. No off, just push forward to cycle through the hand warmer levels, pull back to cycle through thumb warmer levels. Headlight is a standard on/on toggle. Very clean setup.

toggles.jpg

"also want to get rid of all of the swithches on the handle bars. Anyone attemped converting to rocker swithches on the dash for warmers and lights?"

I put mine right below the rpm gauge. just took it right off the bars and ran the wires underneath and cut hole in the dash (not bigger than the face plate of the switch casing) then just mark where the bolt holes on the face plate and drill the holes and use stock screws to mount it there. Looks super clean and took me about 5 minutes to do. Another common way to get them off the handle bars is mounth them to your riser but not all risers will work.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That is awesome.
I would do that and go for the lexan that people used to do a lot in the 90s.

D

Drifter

Dec 16, 2007
Thats a nice old Kawasaki drifter you got in the back of the garage.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
yep. Stock tunnel bare weighed 32 pounds and i got this one finished at 18 lbs. 14lbs. weight loss not bad for my first go around. yes its chromoloy .035 x .75. got all the tubbing for 320 shipped. the black background is rain gutter material .027 and only cost $12. I did have to buy the new tig welder, but i can use it for everything. Nikolai, where did you get those good looking switches?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
man, i really want to see it in action, the drop brackets for the rear skid haning look SICK!!! go hit up the bridgers, lets see it in the snow!

the rear cooler tucked in there looks awsome, the weight is pretty impressive as well!

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
Nice work js . Those swiches look like there from the 2000 year ventage s chassy doo they had the swiches on the shroud for the stering post . looked just like that might even have the right conectors on them check it out . Let us know if those work out.

Premium Features