• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

120 mods... What have you done?

HardKor

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2002
Crested Butte, CO
I'm trying to get some more "fun" out of my boys 120's. I pulled the 120cc out of one and dropped in a 200cc. I'm interested in what gearing is going to work up here in the high mountains of Coloardo. Has anyone done any kind of a long track set-up? We are trying to find some clutching parts as well. We have a comet clutch and gears from Outer Limit Sports (which I think is out of business). Where do you get the most bang for your buck out of these little guys???
Thanks,
Kor

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
If i tell you i just might have to kill you.:eek:
'

Check this out , Paysracing.com :D

I might know that blonde girl with the pink gloves. If you bought a Briggs 206cc you did yourself a favor. I always buy american , and it has payed very well over the years.

You will never see me in a Toyota , i guess i just favor the home team.:beer;

S

Summit Guy

Oct 24, 2001
Buffalo, MN
Here is one that fabcraft built that I owned for a few years.

IMG]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/aeipaul/minifront900.jpg[/IMG]

miniprofile900-1.jpg

miniright900.jpg

tunnel900.jpg

minipipe.jpg

Fabcraft tunnel
Carbon fiber trailing arms
long track
powder coated everything
custom steering post
extros
pipe
clutch
etc..
etc..

Nov 26, 2007
carberry, manitoba
i have a 200 in mine as well. i have removed the governor totally and have the stock clutch on it. i have a 40 tooth rear gear but am going to switch to a 36 rear and stock front. i have researched the clutch thing and all that i have talked to have said to run with the stock clutch. even over the adjustable ones. i am getting about 21-23 mph right now and with the new gearing i will see then but i really like the top end now with the strong bottom end to spin the track. i also have a long track kit that i built except the track. the track is 30" longer overall. i hand built eveything else.
look here for pics.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82778

if you have any more questions shoot, i will try to answer
clarence

HardKor

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2002
Crested Butte, CO
Sweeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!

My boys love looking at this with me! I will have absolutely NO time to work on my sleds, now! I had my youngest, Kaden (3) out in the shop last night working on his.

Thanks for all the pics and info.

I am really interested in a long track for one of the mini we have. I saw one with a 121 x 8" and the thing looks good!

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=119948

This one runs with only a 4.5hp Honda. I figure a6.5 ought to really move one like this!

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I'm also interested in long tracking them.

I have three Cats one red, one orange and one green. They're pretty bad in snow over two inches deep. I'd like to make mini King Cats out of them.

Owen

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
Snow Sport!

I would like to know if there is a Govener and if so how to bypass it on my 120 ss and i would like to long track it Any help would be nice! I still ride my ss and I am 6'1'' and pushing 150 lb. I Love it and all i did is 2" bar risers. Perfect Cabin hopping sled or strech out before the big ride sled!

HardKor

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2002
Crested Butte, CO
I have one mini z with the governor taken completely off. It seems a little more cold blooded. I have another with the governor still on, but I put a zip tie around the coils of the spring that goes from the governor to the throttle. We haven't tried it yet, but seems like it will do the trick...So I went ahead and zip tied the spring on the Polaris, as well.;)

Nov 26, 2007
carberry, manitoba
i am working with the track supplier i got mine from to see about building kits for them. we could build any length that a person wants as the tracks are vulcanized together. he supplies the tracks and i do eveything else. like i said i am working on it but we will see where it goes. many people have asked me to build them kits but i am also trying to see what kind of price would be viable.
clarence

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
I thought about trying a snow hawk track because it is yhe right width! and a custom skid (121")!

HardKor

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2002
Crested Butte, CO
I had a Hawk and I think the track was 12" wide. The SnowHawk jr might be narrower. The paddles ar quite a bit higher in the middle and tapper down on the sides.

Premium Features