• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow getting thrown in my face from ski

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
Running a 17 yeti, 17 spindle with a timbersled aro ski. This setup is on a 17 501 with 62 springs up front and the front suspension bolts in the stock, middle hole. I get a face full on every hump or in deep powder. Any idea on how to fix it??? Thanks

ravenous

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2013
You get face shots in deep powder? Yikes! How unpleasant. Best solution would be to just ride in harder, icier conditions. Nothing worse than snow in your face.

B
This is funny. There is nothing, no ski, that is going to stop that white wave of powder from washing up and over one when hitting powder humps in just the right way.

Getting hit in the face with the shots means I'm having a grand ole' time and that the cover is fantastic.

I'm going up this weekend and will be riding on granular snow with maybe a 6" base but at least I'm gonna be out riding. I wish I had the powder-problem.

culater

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2006
I would love to have your problems right about now.

D
Nov 22, 2017
Running a 17 yeti, 17 spindle with a timbersled aro ski. This setup is on a 17 501 with 62 springs up front and the front suspension bolts in the stock, middle hole. I get a face full on every hump or in deep powder. Any idea on how to fix it??? Thanks
horible problem to have. I would say ride where there is less powder. Joking aside I just watched Reagan's new video from a day or so ago and he's getting powder in the face too and he has the trio on his bike. You're going to get powder in face. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUnX91MsAeg

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Dress the bike in a nice big skirt from your local "large women" 's store. Flower print repels snow best I have heard. Hosiery optional.

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
Use a yeti ski if you want less powder in you face and more control in the deep and then use your TS when you get to bad snow conditions. Also 16 or 18 blades will work better in deep snow than the 17 blade with any ski you use.

Last edited:

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
Are the 16 and 18 blades the same, I tried the 18 at the start of the season but went back to my 17 set up

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
My Yeti ski was throwing up a lot of snow in my face yesterday. There was good powder but it got a crust on the top later in the day due to weird weather conditions. It was throwing up chunks of the skinned over top layer. It was annoying but not too bad. In good powder conditions, I have not noticed a lot of snow coming up from the ski or I was ignoring it. Probably the latter.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
If you do not take a shot of pow to the face every now and then you are either in **** snow or not trying. The New Aro ski is as good as it get's but even with it I get a face full of pow here and there in good pow.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
If you do not take a shot of pow to the face every now and then you are either in **** snow or not trying. The New Aro ski is as good as it get's but even with it I get a face full of pow here and there in good pow.

Don't listen to these guys. I totally understand what you are saying. Yesterday we were out in never ridden country and there was snow blowing up into our face. The part that was unacceptable was getting snow on our boots. That totally messed with the color combo of our outfits. I would include pics but it is so embarrassing. And another thing, what is with the wind? Those sled guys have it so great because they can get a tall windshield. This snowbike stuff is just not fair. I think I'm offended.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The axys definitely puts more snow in the face than my aro.

Especially hitting drops in good snow.

76506fa1b44b439a1ce0d5ab37dfa0a8.jpg

Minor stuck here.

Last edited:
Premium Features