• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Part Identification Help

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
Got this part(s) with a bunch of Polaris 600/650 engine parts I got from a fellow who used to own the local Polaris dealership. I'm thinking its a harmonic balancer of sorts for these triples. No markings or numbers, has two pieces a round disk that is recessed on one side (maybe a 1/16th of an inch) to fit other piece with a large arbor hole and 6 smaller holes that look like they could be mounted in various different patterns.

Other piece is a v-grove pulley with 6 holes of corresponding size (not tapped) with I'm guessing engagement pawls to mate to recoil? The disk is maybe 6 to 6-1/2" in diameter, the pulley probably 4" or there abouts with a total height of about 4" (don't have it right in front of me to measure). Both pieces are machined stock, not cast material.

Just wondering if anyone knows who might have made it and has more info on applications, value, etc. I got rid of almost all of the 600/650 parts I received from him and some other stuff I purchased.

Thanks for the help!

100_1859.jpg 100_1860.jpg 100_1861.jpg

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
part

I had both a 600 and a 650 and they did not have a balancer stock from Polaris. Maybe after market. Can you seperate the V grove pulley from the other piece? Those triples had a belt driven waterpump as you know so the pulley may be a stock part on an aftermarket part.

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
Pulley is part of piece w/ four "notches" illustrated to the left in pic # 1, sits in recess of disk as illustrated in pic # 3. Pic #2 shows the same pieces just turned over. It's not the factory pulley (I sent a couple of them to the scrap recyclers along with the rest of the engine parts I didn't keep). I'm sure it's aftermarket, just trying to determine who might have made it so I can sell it.

Premium Features