• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Back Packs / Klim Nac Pack

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
I've got three packs, ABS 15L for mountain riding and anything above moderate avy danger. Dakine Heli pro for long days with the family road rides, meadows, nice to have extra room for supplies. Nac pac for spring riding and boondocking, lightweight, carries shovel, probes and minimal supplies, which is alright if you also have a tunnel bag. It's nice having less to carry, but limits how much safety gear you can take. I think that I used mine twice this year, worth it if you get one at a good price, I did.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I've got three packs, ABS 15L for mountain riding and anything above moderate avy danger. Dakine Heli pro for long days with the family road rides, meadows, nice to have extra room for supplies. Nac pac for spring riding and boondocking, lightweight, carries shovel, probes and minimal supplies, which is alright if you also have a tunnel bag. It's nice having less to carry, but limits how much safety gear you can take. I think that I used mine twice this year, worth it if you get one at a good price, I did.

Pretty much same here, I run three different packs. Avy pack, a North Face pack and a Klim Nac Pack.

Avy pack for obvious reasons, the North Face is medium size pack but honestly I don't use it much anymore. The Klim Nac pack is actually a really nice pack but it is a little smaller, but still plenty of room for my needs.

The Nac is set up nice with several pockets, shovel handle holder, probe holder and a soft goggle pouch as well. The Nac Pack remains comfortable while stuffed to the max and does not move or shift on your back, due to the shoulder, waist and chest strap. Honestly this pack is really comfortable compared to others and I think it's partially due to the size.

I had the Klim Krew Pack but that was way to big for my liking so I got rid of it and went to the Nac Pack. If you have a tunnel bag or some kind of seat storage, the Nac Pack works great as long as your not packing half the garage.

If you want some measurements or pics, let me know.

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Good comfortable pack , and like stated above alittle on the small side. If you don't have any storage on your sled you may need a slightly larger pack ... this is were I have found my self with my XP , my rev had a boss seat to keep my lunch and a few odd's and ends in. Now there in my pack and it's pretty tight.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I love mine it keeps my stuff dry if i put my camera or phone in there. If you carry a lot of stuff and dont have a tunnel or seat bag this pack will most likely be to small for you but the straps on it are nice and the seperate little divider for a camelbak.

M
Feb 28, 2011
MT Lassen
I have the Nac and it's a nice little pack but not quite big enough for me most of the time for me. I ended up going to the HMK pack and that has enough room for my needs now. Looking into an Avy pack for this winter as well.

If you do go with a Klim pack, look Culator up. He's got the best prices on Klim products and great service.

sdmc

Premium Member
Feb 17, 2010
Layton, Utah
I love my Nac. I had a tendency to over pack the larger packs. Having a smaller one was a relief on the back and forced me to think about what I was carrying. The construction is excellent and the design well thought out.

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
I really like my nac pack as well, the good: the small size and the very comfy the way it fits, lots of pockets and able to stuff a ton of stuff in there. Mine weighs as much as my husbands dakine heli pack, lol.

The only bad I can think of is the smaller detachable pack gets soggy. I end up packing snow in-between the other pieces of the pack and that part will be wet inside on occasion.

D
Jan 9, 2011
Minnesota
I love the nak pack. It can fit my extra set of goggles, two hot doggers,two Gatorades, my tool pouch, medical supplies, shovel, two extra sets of gloves, and extra base layers. It is just big enough and fits perfectly!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Bought 2 Nak Packs for my son and I.
Road with them for 2 seasons.
Always seemed to be "full".

Year before last bought one of the Krew Paks.
I felt it fit my body much better.
Far more comfortable to wear for 6-8 hours of riding and was easier for me to pack as well.

4012-000-L.jpg

Haven't used the Nak Pak since.

But when we are in the steep I switch out to my SnowPulse Avalanche Air Bag.

M
Dec 26, 2010
wisconsin
I have a FLY racing backpack. It has the water bladder in the pack. Enough room and pockets for all kinds of storage. It also comes with Snobunje availanche probe, and a WPS shovel with saw. Got mind off of Bob's Cycle Supply for bout $150.00. With it come with a probe and shovel, that is a heck of a deal!!:rockon:

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
I have one of these also and wore it last season. Liked it and it has alot of room for storage. The tool pouch came in handy a few times, but can make the pack kinda heavy.
This year I will be going with a air pack system from BCA:usa2:

Bought 2 Nak Packs for my son and I.
Road with them for 2 seasons.
Always seemed to be "full".

Year before last bought one of the Krew Paks.
I felt it fit my body much better.
Far more comfortable to wear for 6-8 hours of riding and was easier for me to pack as well.

4012-000-L.jpg

Haven't used the Nak Pak since.

But when we are in the steep I switch out to my SnowPulse Avalanche Air Bag.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
So they look pretty similar, the Krew is just bigger, correct? Anyone want to sell me one or the other?
Chris

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Anyone have a pic of one or the other or both on their back? Hard to tell the size from pics.
I have a horrible ankle, 3 surgeries, last one last November. I try to carry as little on me as I can for that reason, and carry heavy stuff on the sled, but want to make sure the Nac isn't TOO small. I am actually having to go to the gym to LOSE muscle mass, lol, to make it easier on my leg. Every little pound counts after a long day beating myself up.

wang11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Idaho Falls, Id
i have the krew pack also i love how it feels. It seems if i got the smaller nac pac i would over pack it and it would feel funny on my back. Love the kew pac

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Since nobody would post a pic of them wearing one....
I went to the dealer and looked, I would NOT have been happy with the Nac, that thing is TINY! I don't think a fleece would even fit in it. The Krew is what I am getting, when not packed it collapses down to a nice small size. I would rather have the room and not use it than be stuck choosing what not to bring.

Premium Features