• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

google earth

R
Sep 3, 2008
boise idaho
guys i need help with google earth. how do you get it? is it free? i just need it for school and i want to look at where i ride at. please sombody help me with this. thanks - michael

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
guys i need help with google earth. how do you get it? is it free? i just need it for school and i want to look at where i ride at. please sombody help me with this. thanks - michael

Or you could try typing "google earth" on you web browser and it just might come up.:rolleyes:

cat rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairmont, MN
You can't beat Google Earth as far as being free and user friendly. That's for sure:D But if you do happen to have access to GIS for free anywhere it's an amazing tool. It's sure complicated to learn though.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I have access to GIS at work. Problem is, the imagery layers usually stop at the property boundaries for me. If they would extend to the USFS ground I would be ok, but GE is too quick and easy to lay out a plan and run.

Note: You can post places on GE in a folder, save the folder with the posts and export. With another free software program you can convert those to a .csv file, reformat, download another free application from Garmin and then load these placemarks to your Garmin for fast, quick easy reference... I only wish you could load lines and polygons into the Garmin for wilderness boundaries and the like.

Happy Trails!

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Mule. Nope.

I am writing up a reliable process on this at work for our purposes. When I get it done I'll post it. Otherwise, it will potentially cause too much confusion here. Once in place, it actually works pretty slick.

VB

Premium Features