• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

O2 sensors on turbo Apex not working properly

J
Nov 16, 2009
NW IOWA
wondering if anybody can give me advice on why my A/F ratio gets screwy, I've got an 06 apex with boondocker turbo, ran it for 2 years never had a problem then one day my A/f ratio started reading in the 13's, stayed there, no matter how much fuel I gave it I couldn't get it to run back in the 12's. So I put a new sensor on and it worked good after that. Got about 4 days of riding with it reading good and now I have the same issue. I know its tuned right because it runs perfect and if I fatten it up it starts running ****ty but it is still showing in the 13's on my gauge. I run a little unleaded race fuel with my 91 octane and sometimes some Lucas fuel treatment for lube. That all just wondering if anybody has any input. Thanks

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
replace your o2 sensor. they get plugged up from lead and stuff over time. Or atleast thats what I've read. But If you got a weird reading first thing I'd do is check connections then if still good... replace the sensor

J
Nov 16, 2009
NW IOWA
I was assuming since all I run is unleaded fuel that my sensor wouldn't plug up with lead in a few days ha. Does it matter where you mount the sensor in the down pipe? could to close to the turbo make a difference?

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
If memory serves(and it usually doesn't!), I put mine 4 to 6 inches from end of exhaust. I think that's right because it was a PITA to get enough distance running a tunnel dump.

J
Nov 16, 2009
NW IOWA
yeaaa and that's probably about what I've got. I guess that shouldn't really make a difference, its probably 5" from the end, but that's also about 5" from the turbo! :p so say I happen to flip the old apex backwards and it sit upside down for a little while, causing me to get a little oil in my Intake and also out the exhaust, would motor oil on the sensor screw it up permanently you think?

J
Nov 16, 2009
NW IOWA
yep I know I did this last time with the new sensor in, dont recall that the first time the sensor went bad, but chances are I did :face-icon-small-sho ill go with that and try another another sensor again

Premium Features