• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's the fix for the fuel pickup???

N
Oct 13, 2010
North idaho
First ride out today on 13 pc m8 sled was absolutely amazing. Most impressive stock sled I've rode. The only problem was that the damn thing ran out of gas. I put 2.5 gallons in from my buddies spare gas can, the gauge read 3/4 after that. I filled up and it took only 5 gal at the pump. It died with 46 miles on the odo. Granted they were hard miles but still. This isn't kewl. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also fuel pump seemed to get much noisier when gauge read around 1/4 tank. Thanx

M
Nov 21, 2011
Fuel pickup, noisy pump.

I noticed the same on my '13 m800 limited. It's really noisy until you shut it off, then restart and is fine for a little while, but then starts to whine again. It's always fluctuating from 3/4 to empty and any where in between. Was out on a rescue mission for a gentleman who rode into a 1500 foot ravine yesterday until 8 pm in the colorado backcountry and was constantly worried about running out of gas. Had to turn back early on because I thought I was running out of fuel. Would be nice to know what I really have in the tank. Wish I could get on the R and D team at arctic cat to really get all these bugs worked out.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
I posted this on the " hard to start " thread going :

How about the fuel pick-up? Is there a thread on that? Less than 1/2 tank of fuel and pointing uphill or down - it about put me over the bars once and got me stuck the second time! Runs out of fuel for a second basically.

Wait until it tries to throw you over the bars when it starves for fuel!

I stopped, on level ground, had one bar on the gauge flashing and occasionally giving me the flashing "FUEL" message. Figured I had only went 38 miles, screw it I will see if I make it to the truck. About 12+ miles later I made it - and now it was showing 3 bars on the gauge! I have not fueled it up yet to see how much it takes.

N
Oct 13, 2010
North idaho
Rode again today I got around 50 miles in. The fuel pump never whined today go figure the only difference is we weren't riding near as steep of terrain today just playing in the trees. Like I said I got 50 miles out of it today and when I got back to the truck it had just started flashing with no bars showing. Didn't get the fuel display. I don't know what to think. I just wish we could get more than 45-50 miles out of a tank of fuel. It seems like we all get 7.5 gallon tanks I guess. Other than that the sled is great zero complaints.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Rode again today I got around 50 miles in. The fuel pump never whined today go figure the only difference is we weren't riding near as steep of terrain today just playing in the trees. Like I said I got 50 miles out of it today and when I got back to the truck it had just started flashing with no bars showing. Didn't get the fuel display. I don't know what to think. I just wish we could get more than 45-50 miles out of a tank of fuel. It seems like we all get 7.5 gallon tanks I guess. Other than that the sled is great zero complaints.

I pay absolutely no attention to the gauge, I watch the miles and pay attention to how hard or easy I have been riding...........over the hood powder and I know I cant go as far.........what it needs is a clear tank and no gauge:yo:

Premium Features