• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Control Arm Experiment

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I am taking my Timbersled 39 inch arms and moving them 2 inches forward and narrowing them to 36 inches.

If successful I plan on asking Diamond S to make a set because I am not jigging these I just want to see if the Nytro is tippy at 36 inches wide.

Thoughts?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Interested to see what you think. I really felt the engine gyro effect on the T Nytro I rode that had a Skinz front end. Liked it enough that I searched out and bought one just like I rode. The Nytro seems to want to "stay" where it is whether it's straight up or on it's side. I don't think you will make it "tippy" by narrowing it that much but it might make it easier to maneuver.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Need some help please. I shortened my drag link on the outside, which looking back I should have shortened it on the inside. Anyways, I now need to add some threads to the bar, and left hand threads at that. Before I order a tap online though I need to know what that threading is. Appears to be 10mm by 1.5 left hand is that correct?

Thanks!

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
WOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tested arms on the road at Vail pass and I cannot say how happy I am. Rides like an old 80's Phazer but without the spine jarring ride. I can put one foot on the floorboards and pull it clear over and I only weigh 155lbs

Sure I need some deep powder to test in but my concern was if the extra narrow front would be tippy and not only was it still stable but actually better in the rutted packed road.

I am going to call Diamond S and give him my specs and ask him to make me set for my other Nytro (want set that doesn't look like my welding...lol)

Short version is I made a set 36 wide with a boatload of caster, probably 4 inch forward but have to measure to see for sure.

Sure was a pleasure to ride a Nytro that did what "I" wanted. :bounce:

Premium Features