• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installing New Chaincase Seal... Best Method?

B

Brett Slagle

Jan 11, 2008
I am installing a few new chaincase seals on a few different Polaris chassis. I have done this before, but I seem to always have a difficult time getting everything set before because the rubber is straight and the seal is an irregular oval. Any tips? Heat maybe? Thanks

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Are you talking about the rubber gasket going the whole circumference of the case? I've just added some RTV in spots to hold it in place.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
At times we set the gasket/seal outside or in the freezer to shrink it up a bit. Gets it a bit tighter without any overlap at the top. These gasket seals will expand in heat.

C
Feb 8, 2008
Coat the o-ring in some grease before installing it in the case. It helps hold the o-ring in place when putting the cover on and is much easier to clean up the next time you do the job.

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
2nd on the freezer put the gasket in the freezer for 10mins then come back i do this with all oring gaskets to keep fit them

Premium Features