• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 Phazer starter issue

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
Anyone having issues with the starter relay/solenoid on their "07 Phazer? The wife's started acting up last weekend when I went to load the sled. When I turned the key it would just click. At first I thought the key had been left on so I hooked the jumper cables up and it still would just click. I pulled the relay off of the rubber mounting bracket to look at the fuses and they looked ok so I put it back, bump the starter and it fired. It has done it a couple of times since and the other night I just tapped on the top of the relay with a small wrench and it fired right up. Is the solenoid/relay T.U. or maybe a contact problem? It did look like there was condensation under the covers over the fuses after riding in some light fluffy powder. Thoughts?
:confused:

M
Nov 26, 2007
Meeker, Colorado
Thats for the hard starting 15-30 secs of cranking-its a free recall which changes the ecu to a 2008 version and puts a different strength decompression spring in and now starts in 3-5 secs.

Premium Features