• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GoPro fogging up

B

bwylde

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver Island
My GoPro case is fogging up. Anyone else having this issue? I run the extra battery pack, so i'm thinking that after running for a while its possibly creating some heat buildup. Its happened a couple times and of course didn't realize till reviewing the footage, as it drifts off into the fog!!!!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Never had that happen before are you taking it in and out of a backpack, coat or compartment a lot?

I always leave it out and just change it to the different mounting positions.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

B

bwylde

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver Island
stays on my helmet all the time and it seems to be after 1 1/2-2 hrs filming. I'll try GoPro and see what they have to say...

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I would be curious to see what they say, keep us posted.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
Mine fogs up right on the spot where the lens sits. Happens every time, that's with the moisture inserts from gopro in there too. Today alone had to pull my case apart and dry it multiple times. Please post if you find a solution that works. Seems hit and miss, Ill be riding with a few guys, same day, same spot, same cam/case and some fog some don't. Frustrating the amount of deadly footage that gets murked due to this!

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
i was having this issue last year. the camera/case sitting in the room (jungle humidiity) i put the camera in the case and close it. i basically created a greenhouse.
get the camera and case outside and let them moderate to the outside air temp for a while before closing up the case.

Premium Features