• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Rides >??

Status
Not open for further replies.
D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
Game Plan

How does this sound, put together from what I have read..

Turny --> Jan 1-3
Cantwell --> Jan 14-18
Valdez --> Feb 18-21
Eureka --> March 11-14
Summit/Arctic Man --> April 7-11
Lost Lake >?
Petersville >?

Don't know all the areas so I'll ask the experts:

Spook: will those dates be good for Valdez for ridding and Logging ?
ICR: will those dates be good for Cantwell for ridding and Logging ?
Anyone for Turny ?

I
Nov 26, 2007

Cantwell --> Jan 14-18

It'll be pretty dark, probably cold as well. I'd wait until at least mid february.

Logging? Nice, I love tree rides :D

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska

Turny --> Jan 1-3
Cantwell --> Jan 14-18
Valdez --> Feb 18-21
Eureka --> March 11-14
Summit/Arctic Man --> April 7-11
Lost Lake >?
Petersville >?

Don't know all the areas so I'll ask the experts:

Spook: will those dates be good for Valdez for ridding and Logging ?
Anyone for Turny ?

I will check on the dates. I know its the same all over but the closer to spring usually the better the riding and conditions.

R
Apr 4, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
Must ride

I am riding this Saturday, for the first time this year, in the Whites north of Fairbanks. Sure it will be cold and no, there ain't much snow, but me and my bro are riding. Will it suck? No. Will we tear chunks out of our tracks? Maybe. Will we stop at the Chatanika Lodge for some :beer; on the way back? Absolutely.

Oh, and an outstanding location for a forum ride would be Summit to MaClaren River Lodge. Or Cantwell to MaClaren. There is something for everyone there. Count me in for that one.

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
So I switched Eureka and Cantwell dates and put Valdez HC on. How does this sound ???

Turny --> Jan 1-3
Eureka --> Feb 18-21
Cantwell--> March 11-14
Summit/Arctic Man --> April 7-11, 4M ride on Thur 8
Valdez / Hill Climbs --> April 16-18, 4M ride on Thur 15 and/or Sun 18 ??
Alyeska Hill Cllimbs --> April 23-25 ??
Lost Lake >?
Petersville >?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
Demon, one problem I found with the Cantwell date is that its the same weekend as the last Tok to Dawson run. I'm not sure if its really and issue but others might want to chime in. I like the Eureka dates and feel most excited for that ride. Anyone know that capacity of the Eureka lodge?

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
4M Rides / Events

Turnagain --> Jan 14-16 & Beer Festival Anchorage Jan 15-16
Eureka --> Feb 18-21
Cantwell--> March 18-21
Lost Lake >?
Petersville >?

Alaska Trail Blazers
Tok - Dawson Poker Run
Feb 25-28
March 4-7
March 11-14

Does anyone have anything else that needs/wants to add ??

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Haines

Just came back from Haines! All I can say is wow I wish I had my sled the most snow I ever saw in once place at one time with more comming down. The berms were taller than my truck I will be back there this year for sure. If anyone wants to go let me know I am in.

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
Haines > Road Trip ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just came back from Haines! All I can say is wow I wish I had my sled the most snow I ever saw in once place at one time with more comming down. The berms were taller than my truck I will be back there this year for sure. If anyone wants to go let me know I am in.

Does anyone know how late you can ride in Haines ? Im would deff be up for a road trip.. Late April / Early May ? Prob need a week off with both weekends off. To have time to drive there and back. Anyone else up for this ?

Baldrat, I have been wanting to do this ride for few years now. It probably would be better little later in the season though...

Also, here is a copied message from PVille thread:
Originally Posted by STELHED
If anyone is interested, the forks roadhouse has a new winter special. You can stay Sunday, Monday or Tuesday nights for FREE. I guess they figure you will be buying food and drinks, still hard to beat FREE...call ahead 733-1851

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
Anyone have any connections with the Eureka lodge, who could check on pricing and availability for Feb 18-21 for a Eureka Forum ride. Any group leaders available for that weekend that know the area? This is the forum ride i'm most excited for this year.

I
Oct 1, 2009
wasilla
I'm pretty to to the forum but i know i would defnitely be up for a forum ride to meet up with more folks from the valley. Eureka in Feb sounds good to me.

A
Jan 2, 2010
Anchorage
Ill be home in a few weeks keep this thread updated and ill come out for a ride with you guys. Im just getting ready to move up to palmer and i really dont know many people from there that ride.

Any of you slopers working in alpine?

N
Dec 17, 2009
im a sloper lol you know who i am tho, i work at boc. ill be more than happy to test out my iqr if one of you guys sells me a polaris 800 motor or know of anyone with one so i can slap it in and take her out, so if you know anyone that has or if you have one pm me

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
4M Rides / Events

If Eureka comes up short on snow, do we wanna go somewhere's else ?

Eureka --> Feb 18-21
Cantwell--> March 18-21
Lost Lake >?
Petersville >?

Alaska Trail Blazers
Tok - Dawson Poker Run
Feb 25-28
March 4-7
March 11-14

Does anyone have anything else that needs/wants to add ??

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
Not to cause problems but just my input because I love Valdez. I know myself and other cant make that weekend because of having just taken off work for Arctic man. I would like to meet up with the forum crew there again but that weekend wont work for me. Maybe Im the only one but thought it was worth the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features