• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 T3 production changes

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
So who else has seen the paperwork from BRP stating that they took some of the T3-specific features that was paid for away from us? (Extra holes in track and the lightweight muffler that they bragged so much about.) Local dealer isn't happy, he knows he is going to get a lot of complaints from customers. I will scan and post if people haven't seen it.
Chris

Last edited:

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Doing it now. Will also post the 800XRS page, THAT would make me mad if I paid extra for e-start! 5 minutes.

C

Cracker

Nov 26, 2007
Idaho, Boise
I was just getting excited , now not so much. Wonder what else they are going to do to us. Will there be a HP differance ?

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Sucks, but if you get your sleds on time, guess the 3 inch will still be sweet.

If Ski-doo had a spine they'd offer a big enough rebate to buy the Diamond TI quite can.

J

Jermbob

Oct 29, 2010
Winter Park
Hmm...Still a fun sled to ride regardless. Question really is how did you get that info? Seems like only a dealer would get that. As for the T-3 163 which I have coming I wouldn't care if they put an exhaust of a Chevy Tahoe because its gone the day it arrives.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I was kinda thinking that BRP needs to do SOMETHING for us. I haven't seen a consumer letter yet, so who knows. I could see them kicking out a gallon of oil or something, but this is a "Polaris sized" booboo as far as I am concerned. I think the more we complain, the better chances of some compensation.
I doubt there is a HP difference, but I REALLY liked the way the T3 sounded and ran compared to my 2014 sleds. Crisper than my 14's, which were crisper than my 2013s.
Honestly, my dealer takes very good care of me, I would have ordered one either way, but I can really see the guys in like, Canada where they pay a lot more for them being cheeved off. I also know a die hard Polaris guy who checked one, based on the demo ride, but he was on the edge for a long time. Would this have kept him from buying one? Possibly.
It is really the point of it, you don't sell someone a double cheeseburger, give them a single, and then tell them it is just as good.

J

Jermbob

Oct 29, 2010
Winter Park
The stock can on the 15 sounds exactly the same as the 14. Difference is weight. Still the best sled on the market. So who cares. I don't know anyone that keeps the stock exhaust.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Hmm...Still a fun sled to ride regardless. Question really is how did you get that info? Seems like only a dealer would get that. As for the T-3 163 which I have coming I wouldn't care if they put an exhaust of a Chevy Tahoe because its gone the day it arrives.

It's an awesome sled for sure.
I was told I could post it. Dealers aren't too happy to have to deal with this, like I said, dealers are going to have do deal with customers who may be irked.
For you and more than likely a lot of us, it really isn't a huge deal. However, I personally HATE cans, I won't even ride with guys who run them. For me, it is a safety thing, when there are a bunch of guys riding together I can tell where everyone is based on sound. Then when one guy has a can, it sounds like I am about to get run over when he lifts the front up. Happened a lot of times last year, it is just irritating to me. Personal preference.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
No biggy. That was an ugly muffler anyway.
Still lighter than advertised and minimal holes in the track is a plus IMO. You can always add more holes but if its overdone you are stuck with a cheese grater like the 08 track. Even with a few lbs knocked off the muffler it was still a solid 10 lbs heavier than the aftermarket stuff most guys opt for anyway. Remember its the govt, not BRP that mandates the sound levels and I doubt BRP is happy about it either.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The stock can on the 15 sounds exactly the same as the 14. Difference is weight. Still the best sled on the market. So who cares. I don't know anyone that keeps the stock exhaust.

Actually they don't. I spent two days on the T3 last year, back to back with my 2014 sleds. There isn't a huge sound difference, but there is one.

Premium Features