• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BATTERY TO RUN ACCESSORIES

B
Jan 29, 2013
Minnesota
Hello everyone, I am putting together a snowbike, I have a 09 kx450f and a timebersled mh lt kit. everything is assembled and ready to go I just need some help with my power. I know I can pull dc power to charge a battery and can only pull a few amps from stator without risking over working it. my idea is to use an on board charger and a battery to run my lights and heated grips. my problem is battery mounting and size. what are other guys running for batteries on bikes not originally equipped with battery. I was thinking and rc battery due to small size. has anyone else ran an rc battery for accessories? What is everyone else doing to run accessories?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Unless you like fires and things that go boom do not use an RC battery charging from your bike. use a motorcycle battery of some type if at all. with the proper setup you can run grips and decent lights from the kx efi system.

Premium Features