• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso DTS is extra shock possible?

B
Feb 21, 2008
Hi, I have been looking into the best kit to buy to build a snowbike. I believe Yeti is the best but too pricey, and that Timbersled is acceptable. I am trying to think outside the box and have been interested in using a Camso DTS kit, because I like that it is somewhat lightweight, because of the fact that is a one rail design, and only has a single shock. Does anyone know if you can add a Timbersled/Yeti style shock strut instead of a solid strut between the bikes rear shock mount and the kit? I believe this would serve to be an improvement just as it is on any Timbersled/Yeti, (however is it possible with this kit or will it screw up the chain tension, or anything else). I'm pretty sure the Yeti ski is hands down the best, so I will be using a Yeti ski. Can anyone give me their input on this subject?:juggle:

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
The yeti ski is a 500ish dollar add on. If ur gonna have to do add ons and spend time modding it, it might make the yeti price a little easier to swallow especially if u can get the yetis for around 7k Canadian right now. Where ru located? The camso is the heaviest and yeti is the lightest.

Yrocmoto

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2014
Utah
I keep hearing how 'heavy' the camso is..... but camso claims that it weighs 125lbs, and the new 2018 Timbersled kit is claiming 115 lbs for both the ST and LT, after losing 11lbs... I just picked up a camso, and it feels light, but I can't tell really if it's lighter or heavier than my 2014 TS ST.

B
Feb 21, 2008
DTS with TSS is possible

I just heard from a Camso rep and It is possible to put a shock on instead of a solid strut. The guys who are racing the DTS are using one. I don't know what exactly, whether its a Timbersled TSS or something custom?? Im glad to hear it is possible. So I'm narrowed down to either a Yeti (1st) Timbersled (2nd), or a DTS (3rd)
Thanks everyone!

Premium Features