• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is there a bend in ZX Stearing Post????

J

jbsumbc

Oct 26, 2008
Tumbler ridge b.c. Canada
My Steering post is has a bend at the top bracket, and it has a inch and a half bend going back towards the seat. I can't really tell If its bent or if it's like that from stalk. The little bit of paint has come off, but I can't really tell if it has been stressed.
Thanks.

vendetta

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Langley B.C
s chassies have a bend so it will clear the air box. zx chassies are straight. i know cause we had to change one on the mountian last year after my buddy did a big drop and it was a s chassie. those post are crap and they break all the time if you ride hard. change it if is bent. my .02$

Rob

J

jbsumbc

Oct 26, 2008
Tumbler ridge b.c. Canada
I know of somone that has a steering post for my sled, I'm thinking of getting my welder buddy to cut the top of the post off where the bars mount, and putting a steel shaft down part way, too beef up the top half of the steering post.
I just was going for a bar swap, and now I have the motor all riped out!!!
The joys of sledding! Lol...

I know of somone that has a steering post for my sled, I'm thinking of getting my welder buddy to cut the top of the post off where the bars mount, and putting a steel shaft down part way, too beef up the top half of the steering post.
I just was going for a bar swap, and now I have the motor all riped out!!!
The joys of sledding! Lol...

That can work but some times when you shove anything down the shaft, it just changes the weak point... I know that you probably have a free post so go for it... but when you need to pay for one... go with wildchild and never worry about replacing it again... trust me on this one! 6'3" and 240 lb with a 9" riser plus another 2" in the bars... the post will take the abuse!

vendetta

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Langley B.C
yeah man just get a new one. my buddy tryed to fix his by putting a piece in the post and that is the one that snapped out in the back country. had to leave his sled there all week and go back and fix it there the nest weekend.

Rob

Premium Features