• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help Locating GPS with Ram Mount

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
I run a Magellan GPS. I mounted it on my last several sleds with a Ram mount screwed to dash panels. On the G5, I am not spotting a good place to drill through and bolt the mount down--important parts are right under the plastic.
Any suggestions on type of mount, and where to locate it?

trees happen

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2008
Anywhere there's snow
Might need to run a bar mount, look up Dual sport, and Dirtbike mounts, for something that might work. I'm probably going on body, backpack strap mount, for my inreach 67i.

ATVPT

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
www.youtube.com
I run a Magellan GPS. I mounted it on my last several sleds with a Ram mount screwed to dash panels. On the G5, I am not spotting a good place to drill through and bolt the mount down--important parts are right under the plastic.
Any suggestions on type of mount, and where to locate it?
I mount mine on the bars, more sturdy then drilling holes in the plastic. 1704040865603.jpeg

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I have a Lowrance Baja 5M that I've run on my side by side and now just mounted to my G5. I designed the mount to bolt to the riser, then used a Ram mount for the GPS. Yesterday was the first ride with it. It works well and can still see the gauge when standing up. I may go with a Garmin Tread next year because it's a bit smaller, but my Lowrance works really well.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Post mount doohickey's with some Ram mounts works good. Done that myself its out of the way but you can see it. Not done it with my new Voyager yet but used to run my Garmin Rino like that all the time.

Premium Features