• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 update causing poor fuel mileage??

C
Feb 1, 2008
Had the updates done to my '08 M1000 two weeks ago and now my mileage is only about 6mpg. I was getting 8-9 before. Riding on hard pack now and one would think that the mileage would actually improve. The bog is gone and the top end runs great but is seems rich at the bottom i.e. idle and engagement rpm's. Any one else experience this or could this just be my wild imagination running wild again??

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Poor fuel Milage

It's true. Mine was a pig on Saturday after the re-flash. Hope you have a box to tune it.
Check out the M1000 update test results thread. Lots of guys are having the problem with the stupid rich midrange.

G
Mar 27, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
Had the updates done to my '08 M1000 two weeks ago and now my mileage is only about 6mpg. I was getting 8-9 before. Riding on hard pack now and one would think that the mileage would actually improve. The bog is gone and the top end runs great but is seems rich at the bottom i.e. idle and engagement rpm's. Any one else experience this or could this just be my wild imagination running wild again??

I was thinking that the last two weeks, even thought about posting it, but was thinkin i'd give it one more week and see. But the gas goes faster for sure. All i have is an mbrp can, but i'm gonna have to get a BD box, just to make this thing run right. might as well, then i can get the pipe, y-pipe and air intake to go along with it!!

C
Feb 1, 2008
Thanks for the replies. Now I can probably rule out that I had some other problem and rule in the reflash as the cause of my poor fuel economy.:beer;

Premium Features