• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Great West Yellowstone trip 12/16-12/23

Well this year we decided to bite the bullet and take a big snowmobile trip out west. Me and my dad have wanted to do it for years...and we decided to go this year during my christmas break So me, my dad, and one of my buddies packed up and headed out there last tuesday and was there for a week

We stayed at Pine Shadows in west yellowstone. I HIGHLY recommend these guys, they have Ace powder guides right there and you can rent sleds from them. This company is the only one in west yellowstone I guess that is fully licensed to take you to the back country and really get a great powder experience. We went to tepee and rode around for a half a day, and then we headed up to the top of Two Top Mountain, man was that a site to see!! We also played around in many meadows, and we went to Lions head. Lions head was a little trickier because it was our first time in deep powder, and it was very "hilly"...but we got the hang of it.

We also spent 2 days in Yellowstone park which was really cool. We say old faithful, and we toured the canyon too. Say a lot of bison, elk, moose, and coyotes.

Ill post a few pics below so you can see what west yellowstone looks like from the 16th to the 23rd. When we left they were getting about another 9 to 11 inches in town, but I see now they have a lot more to ride in! Which is great for them.

The guys name that runs the guiding system is Jeff Watt, if any of you want his number let me know and ill get ya hooked up with it. This place was superb...and like I said would highly recommend it to anybody wanting to go west!!

We got to break in their new 09 sleds which had 0 miles on so that was another plus to the trip lol, it was a great trip and I hope to take another in the future!

CIMG0992.jpg

Me and Nick at Pine Shadows about to go out on the first day

CIMG1000.jpg

Checking out the deep powder

CIMG1002.jpg

My dad enjoying the riding!!

CIMG1306.jpg

Us three at the lower falls at the canyon in Yellowstone Park

CIMG0997.jpg

This is what the trails looked like when we were there...great riding!

CIMG1275.jpg

Buffalo in the Park

CIMG1308.jpg

Me, Nick and our guide Clint at Big Springs

CIMG1007.jpg

Nick in the powder

CIMG1027.jpg

Stopped to cook a fire in upper tepee meadow!! Fun time

CIMG1031.jpg

Us three coming out the horse trail at tepee!! Very pretty

Last edited:
F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
Glad you had an enjoyable trip. "Getter Done" before the greenies lock us out of everywhere. I'm sure you experienced how we terrify all the animals in the Park. :p

no we couldnt ride those in the park...but we did ride the new freestyles in the park..I think they were the legends. So they were not the "approved" cats haha. And yes we did want to get it done before they no longer allowed it.

We had a blast though...I tell ya... powder riding is alot different than trail which we're use to. We had to learn how to ride all over again!!

Premium Features